Recent Topics

1 Apr 22, 2006 17:46    

I've installed b2evo on a local server of my school. I've created a blog for each subject so teachers can only post to those blogs that correspond to the subject they teach (they have admin permissions in their own blogs)

Users are forced to login (http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=2024) before post and all posts are password protected (http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=7171&highlight=create), this way teachers only can read posts from their own blogs.

Finally, there's another blog for tutorship. I've enabled the crossposting to let teachers post to their blog and the mentor's blog too(this one would be like an aggregator from all teacher's blogs).

Well, I would like to display for each teachers only the blogs their can post. All blogs are under the same skin (niftyyellow) that supports blog list displaying. But in the bloglist appears all public blogs so the list becomes very large (more than twenty blogs). Is there any way to show a blog list that displays only the blogs that teachers have permission to post?. If I teach Math and Physics I would only like to see those blogs and the mentors one too.

One last question: is there any way to hide blogs properties (acces parameters and default display options, in particular) from the admin site and only let the users have a link to their blogs?

3 Apr 23, 2006 20:35

Thanks ¥åßßå. My bloglist now displays the way I like. ;)

About my second question, does anybody knows how can I hide blog properties from the admin panel of my users?

4 Apr 24, 2006 09:38

This will remove their abilities to do anything on the blogs tab, but it won't hide the actual tab.

admin > blogs > [blog name] > permissions

Untick "edit blog" for each user

¥

5 Apr 24, 2006 15:54

Ok. Thank you again ¥åßßå.

This way users will cannot jump to the blog clicking on the blogurl but I'll manage to sort it out. Maybe I could put them on another page from the backend.

Eskerrik asko (Thank you in basque ;) )

Form is loading...