Recent Topics

1 May 13, 2006 04:56    

I'm just a breath away from choosing B2E as my platform for a new blogging project. I've been avidly reading these forums to make sure it will do everything I want/need it to do. But there's one thing I'm still not sure about...

Please reference [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=2257&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=zfeeder] this zFeeder thread[/url]
I want to use a system as described in that thread, but I'm going to have a lot of blogs... probably over 100. Will that require me to make a separate template for every blog? So that I can insert the appropriate (category specific) zFeed into each template? Or is there a way to set it up (perhaps with a PHP echo) so that the template will automatically grab the right feed according to which category the blog is in?

OR coming at it a different way... I read in another thread that B2E will soon have a built in RSS aggregator system. How close are we to seeing that completed? I would love, love, LOVE to have a textarea field in the "create a new blog" form, where you can add in one or more RSS feeds to be included into the new blog. Is it possible...for a price... to have this implemented sooner rather than later?

2 May 13, 2006 13:04

It is possible to achieve what you want. If it was me I'd probably abuse the linkblog and make it a "feed blog" instead. That way you can add or remove feeds with ease and each blog could have it's own feed list.

If you're using 1.6 then you could also add a new post type so that you can differenciate between feed links and linkblog links, that way you'd retain the functionality of the linkblog as well.

¥

3 Jun 30, 2006 02:48

I have setup zFeeder and had no trouble getting it to display in my blog. I was wanting to bring in the rss feeds as standard posts. This way they could be commented on, and syndicated out.

Is this possible? How specifically would I attack it? I haven't been able to find the details, and I am not sure how to "abuse the linkblog" as you put it. Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Form is loading...