Recent Topics

1 Jun 01, 2006 20:32    

Could anyone tell me or give me a hint as to how to use the default header for the custom skin to go at the top of phpBB?

http://www.sanschorus.co.uk

2 Jun 01, 2006 20:58

To do it automagically will mean to allow both applications to connect to each other's database. That's a feat that, as far as I know, hasn't been done yet - though it's certainly not impossible. To do it 'quick and dirty' is a lot easier. First look at the source code for your page. Now snag the bit that makes the header. Now figure out how phpbb makes it's top section, then replace the latter with the former. You will probably have to add some of your blog's css to your forum's css, but that'd be done once and last a lifetime. Each time you add a new blog to your blog installation you'll have to go through the process again, but that's life when you do a quick and dirty hack eh? Sorry, but I've no idea what it would take in your phpbb software. Have you asked on phpbb's forums how to customize what they deliver as a page?

Oh wait a minute. Did you mean "how to add a link to your forum in your b2evolution installation?" If so that's easy. Create a blog for your forum and tell it the URL is the URL for your forum. After that your forum's index.php will take over. That won't give you a link back to your blog, but that's a phpbb thing to deal with.

3 Jun 01, 2006 22:20

Do you mean hard-code it into the phpBB header file?

4 Jun 02, 2006 20:12

Or did you mean, "Using the restroom in phpBB"?

Sorry, couldn't resist.... :lol:

5 Jun 02, 2006 21:09

trapper wrote:

Do you mean hard-code it into the phpBB header file?

I don't know anything about phpbb so I don't know if they have a header file or how they do page creation, but basically: yeah. Copy the html that b2evolution generates and make phpbb stick that stuff at the top of their page. The links that phpbb forums always include would probably want to be there so you're on your own for that stuff, but it's a (probably) simple way to hack the top of one page into the the top of another.

Form is loading...