Recent Topics

1 Jun 09, 2006 04:13    

Suddenly, when I try to post a comment, either from the regular comments section or from within admin, I get the following error when I click "Send":

Cannot post comment, please correct these errors:

* Supplied comment is invalid

[Back to comment editing]

The comment is really plain - no special chars or links at all. Where can I start digging to find the cause of this? Searching the forums hasn't helped - including the text "comment" in the search brings up pretty much every post here.

Thanks.

3 Jun 09, 2006 05:06

Whoo, you rock. Grouchy, yes, often, but you rock just the same (I support end-users for a living, and can empathize). Anyhow, I've figured out what text is being blocked:

Since you seem to misunderstand, here's the crux of what I dislike about Microsoft: they play dirty poker.

There really really needs to be a way around this - or at the very least the text of the error could be edited to more-accurately reflect what the problem is - like "Your comment cannot be posted because text within it matches our spam blacklist." Better yet, I like your notion of not searching the comments for banned words - like the poster you linked to above, I require logins before users can post.

Now I need to play Unicode games so I can keep that comment text as written. Yep, one trip to pravda.ru and suddenly "dirty poker" becomes "dirty pоker" and nobody's the wiser 'cept me. :>

4 Jun 09, 2006 10:27

Back when comment text wasn't checked for matches things like "poker." were good keywords, but - alas - that was then and this is now.

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=6094 might be something you want to check into. It's line 87 for 0.9.2, line 90 for 0.9.2 and it's sort of close to what you'd need for line 79 in the 1.6 release. Something looks a bit funny about that hack but I dunno. I probably thought it worked way back when so I won't worry until someone says it doesn't work...

Oh and somewhere Francois stated it was a security risk to show what blocked a comment. Dunno why it would be bad, but the link above points to another link that shows how to tell someone what the bad word is. Now that you know the main developer says it's not good to tell people "you can't say 'poker.' on my blog" it's up to you what you do eh?

5 Jun 11, 2006 16:58

hehe gloin, im female, 42 and not yet into menopause, I am much more than grouchy! All the same, Im glad that link helped :)

Form is loading...