Recent Topics

1 Jun 09, 2006 18:08    

Hello Crowd,
this weeked I'm going to try if I can make something like summary.php delivers show up in a siderbar.
As far as I remember (not having my files in front of me right now) summary.php builds a full-fledged html-page. Any suggestions how to call the relevant bits without having to brutalize a copy of the original file? :D
I'll do that too; just wanted to ask aforehand, in case someone knew a simpler approach -- I'll come running for Mommy anyways once I broke my blog, heh.

L8rs,

'lex

2 Jun 09, 2006 19:59

Sounds like a bit of a mix between multiblogs.php and summary.php to me. Check out multiblogs and you'll see it uses 3 blogs, 2 of which are in the sidebar. So strip out the third and put something like summary in place of the second. Not EXACTLY summary but the guts that make summary do what summary does.

3 Jun 13, 2006 01:49

yeah :) got it to work. see it in action at http://www.alexandermaiwald.de/pri/index.php/all (alpha), the summary currently load to the outer right side bar, below recent comments :) Will have to do some more tuning, but by and large, it walks. (okay, so I am a little pleased with myself ;); that'll not last for long, once I announce the skin I'm working on fit for review. Mr.B is gonna have me all over the place, heh.)
In case anybody else is interested in this; I'll be glad to put the code up here - it's mostly taken over from the original summary.php anyways.

Speaking of which: ist there a way to exclude the recent posts for the currently displayed blog number from this? Like,

if( $blog == [...current blog number?...] ) continue;

That'd be nice. But one could propably live without as well :-)

g'nite! 'lex

Form is loading...