Recent Topics

1 Jun 25, 2006 15:27    

Hi,

Anybody know how to publish events with a date > now.
I would like to publish some events which will only occur let's say 15th of september '06. So the 15th in the calendar should be underligned, and the activy should be displayed on top of the list.

I tried by changing the settings in _class_archivelist.php :
around line 49 $timestamp_min = '',
around line 50 $timestamp_max = '',
around line 75 $date_min = '2006-01-01 01:00:00';
around line 82 $date_max = '2008-01-01 01:00:00';

in order to have all blogs published from 2006>2008

Unfortunately without succes :(

Kind Regards
Bush.

2 Jun 27, 2006 16:09

Bush,

I've not fiddled with this setting, as I don't have the need, but I think the place to tackle it would be either the stub file or index.php file that's fires off b2evo.

In my index.php file, around line 101:

<?php 
# Here you can set a limit after which posts will be ignored
# You can use a unix timestamp value or 'now' which will hide all posts in the future
$timestamp_max = 'now';
?>

I'd change the "now" to be a mktime() function, which is easier to set and can be more reliable than adding seconds, because it handles daylight savings.

<?php
$timestamp_max = mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m")+6, date("d"), date("Y"));
?>

This example would post anything for the next 6 months into the future. (You can add/subtract digits to m(month), d(day) or Y(year) to get the look-ahead you want).

I did a quick test and it seems to work fine. ;)

Hope this helps.

3 Jun 27, 2006 16:29

Hi stk EXPERT!

Mny thx, spend hours on it, all done and everything is now fine after a few seconds thx to yr feedback. :p

Bush.

4 Jun 27, 2006 19:07

Bush,

Glad that it helped! :D

(Don't worry about spending hours and getting no where ... if I counted up all the mis-directed time I spent on my blog, I'd prolly stop blogging) :p

5 Jun 27, 2006 19:47

The undervoted Stk wrote:

if I counted up all the mis-directed time I spent on my blog, I'd prolly stop blogging

Damn, does this mean there's hope?

¥

6 Jun 27, 2006 19:59

Hope? Not a chance (by now you shoulda figured that despite my mathematics background, I can't count) :p

Form is loading...