Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2006 10:59    

I've been evaluating b2evolution for few weeks now. It seem to do everything that I need apart from one thing. There are many users asking the same questions on it, which is, Users or members of that group should not be able to edit each other post, only theirs.

I've still not been able to find a work around solution for this. Its essential for my situation that users cannot edit other user's posts but their own, but still be able to publish.

Has any one got a solution for this?

I've noticed in Pheonix1.6 that there is an option to 'open, closed, and disable' the comment field when you publish a post. Can we not adapt this facility to include for the EDIT.
I've tried looking at the code, but its way out of my league.
would pheonix 1.8 tackle the EDIT issue? When will the new release come out? I can't wait. Is it going to be before September 06?

Great work. Thanks

2 Jun 29, 2006 11:14

I don't know if 1.8 will change the way it is now, but I can say the absolutely simplest method to undo this 'feature' is to not allow anyone to edit anything. There have been some hacks that addressed this concern in previous versions of b2evolution, but since the guts of the code changed radically with the 1.6 release it's hard to say what older stuff will work in the newer world.

(btw moving to general support since this is more a pre-installation question than a problem with installing type of question)

3 Jun 29, 2006 14:57

EdB wrote:

I don't know if 1.8 will change the way it is now, but I can say the absolutely simplest method to undo this 'feature' is to not allow anyone to edit anything. There have been some hacks that addressed this concern in previous versions of b2evolution, but since the guts of the code changed radically with the 1.6 release it's hard to say what older stuff will work in the newer world.

(btw moving to general support since this is more a pre-installation question than a problem with installing type of question)

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

That's a blow for me. I was counting on flexibility of the edit option. It would be impossible to use b2evolution in the environment I want to use it in.

I've had a go at using the hack for the older version, but with my limited experience of 'hacking' I was unsuccesful.

I wait in anticipation, for a solution..otherwise and I can't bear the thought..look at some other blogging software.

4 Jun 29, 2006 15:10

In the old version I made hack in the code.
It was showing the edit button only to the admin and to the author of the post.
Other users could edit other posts, but thet had to know how to.
That change was not difficult at all (it was EdB who wrote once that code)

I did not tried it yet in 1.6

5 Jul 05, 2006 19:56

Thanks for that Topanga. I had a quick go at that particular code, but had no success, this is probably with my lack of coding knowledge. If you ever get round to trying it out, and it works, I would appreciate your solution. This editing of blog by any members is the only thing(spell check as well) that is holding me back to fully implementing this to hundreds of users.

Form is loading...