Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2006 06:22    

Hi,

I've just installed b2evolution and am trying to get things set up the way I want them. For now I am using the custom skin that comes with the software (I will be making an attempt at creating my own skin at some point). The problem is that at the top of the page there's some links that you can click to get to different blogs. I have 3 blogs so far, one called Overview (default), and the other two called Dream Journal and Random Thoughts. As you can see here, the last two have been trimmed so that only part of the blog title is displaying. How do I get it to show the full blog titles?

http://www.shimmeringmysteries.com

2 Jun 30, 2006 06:41

The 'short name' (which is what is displayed in that skin) is limited to 12 characters. I forget how to change that, but it's changable if you hack some core files. If that's not your thing then consider going with shorter 'short names' like "thoughts" and "random". Bummer, but that's the way it is.

It is also possible to use the 'name' instead of the 'short name' for the displayed text. Open skins/custom/_linkblog.php and find this bit:

# This is the blogparam that will be displayed as the name:
	if(!isset($blog_name_param)) $blog_name_param = 'shortname';
	# This is the blogparam that will be displayed as the link title:
	if(!isset($blog_title_param)) $blog_title_param = 'name';

Now change it to this bit instead:

if(!isset($blog_name_param)) $blog_name_param = 'name';

Slick?

3 Jul 04, 2006 07:19

EdB wrote:

The 'short name' (which is what is displayed in that skin) is limited to 12 characters. I forget how to change that, but it's changable if you hack some core files. If that's not your thing then consider going with shorter 'short names' like "thoughts" and "random". Bummer, but that's the way it is.

I already did this but this only changed the 'short name' character limit to what I changed it to in the ACP.

It is also possible to use the 'name' instead of the 'short name' for the displayed text. Open skins/custom/_linkblog.php and find this bit:

if(!isset($blog_name_param)) $blog_name_param = 'shortname';

Now change it to this bit instead:

if(!isset($blog_name_param)) $blog_name_param = 'name';

Slick?

Yes very slick, but I found that in the _bloglist.php file, not in the _linkblog.php file. :) Thanks for your help.

Form is loading...