Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2006 06:46    

First of all, I'm very very new to all the skin design/site design stuff.

So please, be gentle with me :oops:

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong on this site:

http://aolff.org/aolff.org/b2evolution/blogs/index.php?blog=3

for some crazy reason, even though my % match up, it's throwing my right category down under the left. That's in FireFox - I don't even want to talk about what it looks like in IE right now!

I *think* it's a misplaced div, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I'd appreciate any and all help!

Thanks

2 Jun 30, 2006 07:04

The bit for your paypal & AOLFF link thing has three /divs but never opens a div. I'm guessing your problem is in that general neighborhood. paypal is a b-a-d neighborhood. You should never hang out in the paypal part of town unless you are armed with a large caliber div. Or two!

3 Jun 30, 2006 12:30

:( I grabbed my big-caliber gun and moseyed on over. Skin me for a varmint, but it didn't work! :oops:

I think those are closing the ones opened with the left_header one, left_header two divs....at least I think they are.

When I removed them, it *really* made all that data go funky!

4 Jul 02, 2006 19:02

Any more suggestions? I'm about ready to throw in the towel and dump the b2Evo platform.

And I really don't want to!

5 Jul 03, 2006 00:22

I thought only one of those three was the problem.

6 Jul 03, 2006 13:27

I've tried removing one, two, three...it's just not working!

I have it ok in Firefox now, except that my background stops about halfway down.

In IE, though, it's mangled. :(

8 Jul 03, 2006 17:49

*giggle* the other forum I asked for help in told me to remove the doc type. It *did* fix about 10 errors I had ;)

(told you I was new at this!)

part of the problem, I think, is that I am trying to combine elements of two different layouts that I liked.

code in the hands of a newbie can be dangerous!

Form is loading...