Recent Topics

1 Jul 13, 2006 18:41    

hello. im new with b2evolution.

im thinking of installing it for my website and i want it to have a feature where any number of users want to have their own blog, can i accomplish that with b2evolution?

also, how friendly is the template so i can change colors and even some code?

thanks

2 Jul 13, 2006 20:00

Yes its possible to have multiple users. :)

As far as using the template... I'm still working on that, but these folks AND the manual are very helpful. :)

3 Jul 13, 2006 23:21

but can those multiple users have their own blog? if i have 100 users can i have 100 blogs?

4 Jul 14, 2006 00:43

Yes, but you'll probably want to have 201 blogs for 100 users because blog #1 is a special aggregator blog and each blogger would probably want to have their own linkblog.

The term "template" doesn't really apply here. It's skins, though you can use a template if you want. Either way, changing the selected content and how it is displayed is as easy as can be. It's all done with a bit of php (for what content and where) and css for how it looks.

By the way this ain't like blogspot or any of those bottom-end entry-level free blog applications. You would have to create each of those blogs for each of those bloggers. This is designed to be YOUR blog app, meaning YOU decide (and control) how many blogs you have and which bloggers get to post in what blogs. A blogger can, depending on permissions, post in 2 or 20 or 201 of your blogs.

5 Jul 14, 2006 01:40

oh, i see.

thanks.

6 Sep 04, 2006 14:30

I am still trying to understand how multiple blogs are done, I have installed the autoblogger plugin that allows new users to have automatic blogs of their own, but its not working optimally, throws out a couple of errors.
is there any other way???

Form is loading...