Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2006 22:11    

Every once in a while I have found that even though I tell b2evo to email me any new comments posted on my blog, sometimes it doesn't. It does MOST of the time but not always.

2 Jul 16, 2006 07:20

What can prevent emails from being sent when people comment? Specifically what files do tell it to send mail when people comment. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

3 Jul 16, 2006 10:05

I also missed an e-mail for a pending comment. It's worked every other time except for that one (as far as I know).

I'm on 1.8 Summer beta, by the way.

4 Jul 16, 2006 10:25

I wonder if this is maybe a minor bug in 1.8? Dunno, but it's worth asking. I've gotten hundreds of emails about trackback spam, but I suppose I could have missed one here or there.

Here's a thought from left field: what if a spam trap or filter is catching an occasional email? The only reason I ask is because at work one of the utilities that always sends emails got blocked. We all got a HUGE kick out of it, but it was only one of dozens of emails from that particular utility. Just a thought eh?

5 Jul 16, 2006 15:24

That'd be my guess normally, but my email is fairly low traffic, and I check my bulk/spam folder at least once a day, so I shouldn't have missed it if it was sent. Circumstantial evidence would point to a bug in 1.8 I think, but maybe we'll just see if anyone else reports a similar issue.

6 Jul 16, 2006 16:16

BTW I am no longer getting ANY email notifications from commenters so I would again appreciate anyone letting my know what files and settings to check to ensure somethign didn't get messed up. I am using 0.9.10

7 Jul 16, 2006 19:30

quard wrote:

BTW I am no longer getting ANY email notifications from commenters so I would again appreciate anyone letting my know what files and settings to check to ensure somethign didn't get messed up. I am using 0.9.10

The setting in question would be your profile page, the checkbox for "Notify" or something like that. It's a checkbox is all I remember right now.

The files in question are htsrv/comment_post.php and b2evocore/_functions.php so if you haven't hacked them I'd say get a NEW copy of the zip for your version from the downloads page, delete those two files from your server, and upload NEW copies from the zip.

If this doesn't help and you didn't change something somewhere right before you stopped getting emails I'd have to wonder if it's something your host changed. After all, *something* must have changed immediately before the problem started.

BTW I strongly recommend you upgrade to 0.9.2 because sooner or later, and pretty much 'sooner' no one will be thinking about 0.9.1 any more.

8 Jul 17, 2006 01:17

Emails, of course, can and do go astray. Some get shot out of the ether like doves on an early September morning. Others must be males, get lost and never ask for directions. Still, some end up two houses down (hopefully, the bill emails).

A quick check to see if its your email or the program would be to change the email to another one (don't we all have 5 or 6 different email accounts these days?).

Make a couple of comments, wait like your fishing ... then if you don't have any nibbles ... upgrade to 0.9.2 ... lather ... rinse ... repeat.

Doh ... EdB already said that. ;)

9 Sep 17, 2006 08:59

Hello all,

(I'm using 0.9.1 but will be upgrading soon....)

About a week ago, I suddenly stopped receiving any emails about comments or trackbacks. My settings in the "users" tab of admin are OK in terms of my email address and the box checked.

I know they are not being caught in my spam inbox, so I think they're not going out at all.

My web host has changed some things recently so there's some chance my original settings would no longer work, but I don't know where to look for them. Can anyone tell me what files have my SMTP settings info for b2evo?

Any other thoughts on this much appreciated!

Rossputin

10 Sep 17, 2006 16:59

FYI, for those who suffer the same problem I did: the issue was caused by my web host shutting down PHP access to sending mail because it was used to send over X emails in an hour (because I got over x spam comments in an hour). I called the host and asked them to "unlock" the mail and they did, and now I am getting comment notifications again.

11 Sep 17, 2006 21:32

Glad you got it sorted. I was scratching me head about it, knowing that PHP sends mail without any SMTP mail server info.

:D

Form is loading...