Recent Topics

1 Aug 01, 2006 02:07    

Sorry if this is a repost, I did a search and nothing came up.

I've been evaluating b2evolution 1.8-beta and so far everything looks great. However I think I encountered a bug today with the xmlrpc. While trying to post to my b2e local installation from Word 2007 Beta 2, initially everything worked out great. I can publish, use ftp image upload, and update existing posts. However when I tried to update an existing draft post, b2e would flip the switch and make it published even though I specifically posted as draft. A new blog post as draft would work fine, but when trying to update a post (whether published or draft), b2e would always make the post published.

I tested posting as draft and updating as draft in Community Server and there was no problems, so I am guessing this is a bug in b2evolution. Can anyone confirm this? Is there any fix for this bug? Thanks.

2 Aug 01, 2006 20:37

I've looked into fixing it (and hopefully have so), but at the same time, cleaned up the code and added categories support to the metaWeblog API methods, which I think Word 2007 might use.

Please test it on the demo server (use http://demo.b2evolution.net/HEAD/blogs/xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php as URL - there's an "admin" account with password "demopass").

I might look into merging the fix parts for 1.8.1.

3 Aug 01, 2006 23:24

Thanks for the help blueyed.

I tried hitting the demo site and am getting this response from Word:

Unabled to publish this post. Most likely causes include you are not connected to the internet, your provider in unavailable, or your password is incorrect.

It looks to be just a generic error message with Word. Attaching a HTTP proxy, I see the response sent from b2e is actually:

<methodResponse>
<fault>
	<value>
		<struct>
			<member>
				<name>faultCode</name>
				<value><int>809</int></value>
			</member>
			<member>
				<name>faultString</name>
				<value><string>DB error: &lt;p&gt;You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near &apos;)&apos; at line 3(Errno=1064)&lt;/p&gt;</string></value>
			</member>
		</struct>
	</value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

Let me know if you need any additional info to help debug this.

4 Aug 01, 2006 23:46

Re: "Attaching a HTTP proxy"
Can you also copy'n'paste the request(s) that get sent by word?

5 Aug 01, 2006 23:54

I think I fixed this error, please try again. However, I'd be still interested in what Word sends.

6 Aug 02, 2006 00:34

Unfortunately I am getting another problem now. Now I can't edit existing posts at all. :(

Here's the request:

<methodCall><methodName>metaWeblog.editPost</methodName><params><param><value><string>25</string></value></param><param><value><string>admin</string></value></param><param><value><string>demopass</string></value></param><param><value><struct><member><name>title</name><value><string>Word Post 3</string></value></member><member><name>description</name><value><string>&lt;p&gt;Another new post, permission denied?
&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Making this post private now.
&lt;/p&gt;</string></value></member><member><name>dateCreated</name><value><dateTime.iso8601>20060801T20:20:12</dateTime.iso8601></value></member><member><name>categories</name><value><array><data></data></array></value></member></struct></value></param><param><value><boolean>0</boolean></value></param></params></methodCall>

and the response:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<methodResponse>
<fault>
	<value>
		<struct>
			<member>
				<name>faultCode</name>
				<value><int>802</int></value>
			</member>
			<member>
				<name>faultString</name>
				<value><string>Permission denied.</string></value>
			</member>
		</struct>
	</value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

From the request, it looks like I'm passing in the correct admin/demopass account, so not sure why response is permission denied.

7 Aug 02, 2006 01:02

It was because it checked the permissions, with an uninitialized variable.
Should be fixed, again.. ;)

8 Aug 02, 2006 01:54

Almost there blueyed. :)

My latest test, I can post as draft, update draft to published, update the post from published back to draft and back to published.

The problem I am noticing now is whenever I update a draft post, the date/time is set to null or nothing. The Date field in the posts list is empty and when I retrieve a list of past posts, the Date Modified is shown as 12/31/1969 4:00:00 pm.

Here's the draft update request:

<methodCall><methodName>metaWeblog.editPost</methodName><params><param><value><string>2</string></value></param><param><value><string>admin</string></value></param><param><value><string>demopass</string></value></param><param><value><struct><member><name>title</name><value><string>Second post</string></value></member><member><name>description</name><value><string>&lt;p&gt;This is the second post.
&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;It appears on blog A only but in multiple categories.
&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And now is private.
&lt;/p&gt;</string></value></member><member><name>dateCreated</name><value><dateTime.iso8601>20060801T23:11:18</dateTime.iso8601></value></member><member><name>categories</name><value><array><data></data></array></value></member></struct></value></param><param><value><boolean>0</boolean></value></param></params></methodCall>

and here's the response:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!-- DEBUG INFO:

post_ID: 2

-->
<methodResponse>
<params>
<param>
<value><string>2</string></value>
</param>
</params>
</methodResponse>