Recent Topics

1 Aug 01, 2006 22:09    

fireworkszone wrote:

Hi,

I reach the login form page but cannot log in.

:(

I seem to be suffering from a similar problem but not as servere.

I have a number of PHP apps loaded on my server, they tend to be apps that have good support so are mostly well behaved.
Receintly I loaded up 0.9.2 and it works just fine.

So decided to upgrade to the 1.8 Beta. I have tried two methods, an upgrade of the data tables and also a completely fresh instalation. Both methods seem to give the same outcome. All seems to go well during the install with data tables being created/updated and populated and I can get as far as the login screen.

Unfortunately it will not let me login as admin, afer clicking on the Log in button there is a short delay then the page just refreshes.

Interestingly I can get a little further if trying to login as the user demouser where it displayes the email verification screen.

I have checked out the user datatable and all seems fine, have also changed the MD5 password manually but still does not login with the new password.

My server logs have no errors recorded. The two relevant log lines are :-

192.168.2.50 - - [31/Jul/2006:23:20:55 +0000] "POST /b2evolution/blogs/htsrv/login.php HTTP/1.1" 303 0 "http://192.168.2.77:8008/b2evolution/blogs/admin.php?ctrl=settings&tab=general" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"
192.168.2.50 - - [31/Jul/2006:23:20:55 +0000] "GET /b2evolution/blogs/admin.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3441 "http://192.168.2.77:8008/b2evolution/blogs/admin.php?ctrl=settings&tab=general" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

I also have error logging activated in my PHP config but no scripting errors are recorded (most well written PHP scripts are error free these days).

Could any one advise on some pointers to the best way forward to debug this problem with my setup.

Using
PHP 5.1.4
MySql 4.1.20
Cherokee web server 0.5.4

2 Aug 01, 2006 02:07

RobHam, try setting "$debug" to 1 in /conf/_advanced.php. Then you should have a "Debuglog" at the bottom of the page.
What does the "login" section say after you try to login?

Then, try to login directly at /htsrv/login.php - what does the "login" section then say?

Do you get a "Login failed" error message from b2evo (in the login form)?

What does the "session" section in the Debuglog say before and after trying to login?

Have you tried another browser?

Are you behind a proxy?

3 Aug 01, 2006 19:48

blueyed wrote:

RobHam, try setting "$debug" to 1 in /conf/_advanced.php. Then you should have a "Debuglog" at the bottom of the page.
What does the "login" section say after you try to login?

Then, try to login directly at /htsrv/login.php - what does the "login" section then say?

Do you get a "Login failed" error message from b2evo (in the login form)?

What does the "session" section in the Debuglog say before and after trying to login?

Have you tried another browser?

Are you behind a proxy?

I have some of these answers.

Not behind a proxy
Also have not currently tried another browser
I do not get a Login failed error message
Login section says - NULL, empty, Not loggedin.... (did not try)

login directly at /htsrv/login.php to be tryed later tonight.

Now there may be a clue with the Session section logs.
Before the Login attempt shows
ID (from cookie): 41
Session ID/key combination is invalid!
ID (generated): 42
Cookie sent.

and after the login attempt
ID (from cookie): 43
ID (generated): 44
Cookie sent.

I think that this is the relevant cookie content directly after the login atempt :-
cookieb2evosession
44_tLMj5ndMcqknjZBJnQ54lobW1gm8QF76
192.168.2.77/b2evolution/blogs/

4 Aug 01, 2006 19:57

blueyed wrote:

Have now tried this, same result as before but returns me back to page blogs/admin.php

5 Aug 01, 2006 21:53

RobHam, in the Debuglog should be displayed a query that starts with "SELECT sess_ID, sess_key, sess_data, sess_user_ID". Can you quote this here?

I think I might have found the/a bug there.

7 Aug 01, 2006 22:19

blueyed wrote:

RobHam, in the Debuglog should be displayed a query that starts with "SELECT sess_ID, sess_key, sess_data, sess_user_ID". Can you quote this here?

I think I might have found the/a bug there.

session:
ID (from cookie): 57
ID (generated): 58
Cookie sent.

Query #4:
SELECT sess_ID, sess_key, sess_data, sess_user_ID
FROM evo_sessions
WHERE sess_ID = '57'
AND sess_key = 'cR2EPwUOtDhXZxyEspEsgSRehgcyYEur'
AND sess_lastseen > 1154463283

Will check out your possible bug fix shortly.

9 Aug 01, 2006 23:08

No, it should be just a server issue (which does the query).

Anyway, thanks for finding this bug.. ;)

10 Aug 07, 2007 20:04

i have seen a dozen solutions for a similar issue that has been diagnosed as a cache/cookie issue. mainly this can be seen by having a login rejected "you need to login!" or having credentials not show on the sidebar.

in my particular instance,

-it isn't a cache issue
-cookie_path in advanced.php was changed
- user settings and permissions have been toyed with
- baseurl in _basic_config is correct
- _session_class from sourceforge was already a fix

it appears that it would be the actual login screen not retaining the cookie although cookies are set to be accepted. here it will show my user as "online" on the sidebar, but no status has changed on the "misc" piece where a user would normally login.

login:
login: NULL
pass: empty

SELECT sess_user_ID
FROM evo_sessions
WHERE sess_lastseen > "2007-08-07 12:54:49"
AND sess_key IS NOT NULL

any help would greatly be appreciated.

version 1.9.3
url: knng.varsitysportsradio.com[/quote]

11 Aug 08, 2007 03:37

I am experiencing the same problem. Each time I log in, it waits, shows me on line but does not allow me to post, edit, perform admin - won't let me do anything.

The only way I can get in is to request my password and click on the link - it will let me in ONLY once...

As admin and as this is my only blog, this is MOST frustrating. It's been going on for a while. I switched to Firefox and it fixed and then I upgraded today. Suddenly, it's not working again.

I've checked all my local settings and everything is set to accept cookies.

The program will not accept the log in or the cookie for anything.

I'm a newbie so please spell it out to me!

Thanks!

Lissa

12 Aug 08, 2007 04:25

Delete cookies in FireFox: Tools -> clear private data.
Clear cached items in B2evo: backoffice -> tools -> misc

That's probably too obvious to be an answer. But a problem by B2evo is usually not causing the trouble.
Do upgrade to 1.10.2 for the few of you that haven't already done that.

Good luck

13 Aug 08, 2007 13:00

Logged in using my "send me my password" trick and cleared the cache. Still not working.

ANy more hints?

Thanks!

Lissa

14 Aug 09, 2007 13:27

Is there not some change in script we can make to fix it? I'm having a terrible time with this being my only personal blog. I can't lose what all I've done and the comments and such. There's just so much!

I could really use some help :(

15 Aug 12, 2007 16:22

Please post an URL to a 1.10.2 blog where the problem appears, so we can take a look at it. Thanks.

17 Aug 15, 2007 08:47

I am having this same login problem. I have to clear cookies to login. Obviously I can expect my users to do that. This only just started happening. Where does B2 handle cookie stuff. My host said the following:

It looks like you have PHP configured to use cookie-based sessions rather than store session information on the server, and you have the cookies configured to expire after the current session has ended (or when the browser window is closed). I'm not familiar with what you're using the cookies for in your application, but if those time parameters don't meet your application's requirements and you haven't overridden them with local values, that could be the source of your problems. Another potential issue may be the domain scope of the cookie (set to the server's hostname value by default). If you can provide some more information regarding the nature of the problems you're having, we can look into whether or not it's something we can assist you with server-side or if it is an issue that will have to be addressed in your application.

Form is loading...