Recent Topics

New b2evo blog, with custom skin - about Java/XML/WebLogic

Started by on Mar 09, 2004 – Contents updated: Mar 09, 2004

Mar 09, 2004 22:51    

Mar 10, 2004 06:57

Very cute layout, I should say. You did a great job. :) Every new entry is generated into html manualy? Nice.
Cheers.

Mar 10, 2004 15:17

Thanks for the comments!

The articles themselves are generated from a (DocBook) XML file, using the docbook-xsl packages, and I write the articles using the WYSIWYG Altova Authentic editor.

Mar 12, 2004 07:12

Veery interesting. So you have DocBook along with b2evo?
P.S. And thanx for the tip about XML editor. :)

Mar 12, 2004 20:46

I usually write long articles that I'd maybe like to publish in different formats as well at some point (pdf for example), and it usually takes days to complete them, a HTMLAREA would not be enough :-)
So I use b2evo for the small posts, and to announce the long articles with the title and the article abstract, and I use the simple docbook + make + xslt tooling for publishing the long articles.
I'm trying to automate as much as possible, but right now there's a lot of manual uploading and configuring and stuff.
Eventually the Make script I use to build the article html docs will be able to upload the new articles, and using the XMLRPC API, announce the new article using b2evo.

Form is loading...

Advanced CMS – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.