Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2006 23:18    

Hello,

i've been searching the board for the following question:

How is it possible to show more than just 20 users in the backoffice user administration. I am running b2evo 1.8 beta with aprox. 90 users. And I would like to have them shown all at one single page - not five pages...

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your help!!
Gutelaunegeneral

2 Aug 03, 2006 04:08

Only possible with a hack:
in /inc/VIEW/users/_users_list.php search for

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A' );

$Results->title = T_('Groups & Users');

and replace the first line with

$Results = & new Results( $sql, 'user_', '-A', NULL );

3 Aug 03, 2006 12:18

Thanks for your suggestion! But when I changed the lines, the following error message in the backoffice appeared:

Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten!
Wenn dieser Fehler weiterhin auftritt, berichte ihn bitte an den Administrator.

Gehe zurück zur Startseite

Zusätzliche Informationen zu diesem Fehler:
MySQL error!

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '*' at line 4(Errno=1064)

Your query:

SELECT evo_users.*, grp_ID, grp_name
FROM evo_users RIGHT JOIN evo_groups ON user_grp_ID = grp_ID
WHERE 1
ORDER BY grp_name, *

4 Aug 03, 2006 13:50

And I got no change at all when I changed the bits,

5 Aug 03, 2006 15:04

Oh, then the Results class in 1.8 does not support no limit, really.

Instead of "NULL" enter "1000" or something alike then.

This will give you 1000 entries/users per page.

6 Aug 03, 2006 15:49

That did the job perfectly, thank you!!!! :D

7 Aug 03, 2006 19:01

blueyed,

Any idea why I get no results from changing the bits? I tried NULL, 1000, 500. No change at all. I am running 1.8 beta also, and have approx 180 users.

http://remonstrans.net/

8 Aug 03, 2006 21:42

mrdav, no, despite of: have you edited the correct file? Are you expecting the same list as Gutelaunegeneral to grow (AFAIK there's only one user list in the backoffice, but who knows..)?

9 Aug 03, 2006 22:34

Well, the problem is solved. :oops:

I probably should use htmlkit. It is easy to see where you are at when you have 12 domains in the same heirarchy...but htmlkit has no tabbed interface.

So...I use crimson editor. The rub is, I set the ftp connection up with remonstrans.net as the name of the connection, and so every file I open has remonstrans.net as top level in the window menu showing the filename and path, and the real domain second in the path name.

When nothing happened after I made the change I looked here to see if I had selected the correct domain, saw remonstrans, and dismissed that as a cause. :roll: It WAS the cause. Now both domains have the hack, at least. :-/

Anyway, thanks for a handy hack. It was a real pain trying to find a user when you have over a hundred.

:D

Form is loading...