Recent Topics

1 Aug 16, 2006 14:39    

Hello,

I have the following error by updloading a file:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/blogs/articles owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

File upload
Some file uploads failed. Please check the errors below.
Files to upload
Allowed file extensions: jpg gif png txt
Maximum allowed file size: 96 KB

An unknown error occurred when moving the uploaded file on the server.

Regards
Joe

2 Aug 16, 2006 14:43

well thats a new one, have you tried contacting your server's administrator or support people about it?

3 Aug 16, 2006 14:49

topanga helped me that morning with that problem. I did not contact my server's administrator. What must I tell me admin?

4 Aug 16, 2006 14:50

Oh, so it's fixed now?

5 Aug 16, 2006 14:54

it is not fixed up to now :(

6 Aug 16, 2006 14:56

it is not fixed up to now

eh.... that means it was not working up to now, meaning it is now fixed...

Well assuming it is still not fixed, send the same thing as you wrote in your first post in this topic to your server admin, and see what he/she has to say about it.

7 Aug 16, 2006 15:27

The damn problem is that Joachim does not have cpanel..
so I have to do all things trough a ftp-account..
So I cannot see for myself if things are ok..
grrrrr

so make it all clear : IT IS NOT FIXED

8 Aug 16, 2006 15:33

But it apears that his server is in "safe mode" so setting permissions via ftp wouldn't matter anyway, hence why i recommended contacting his server admin.

Strange thing it is.

9 Aug 16, 2006 18:48

I'm gonna hazard a guess that you created the folder through ftp

Try this :-
rename the articles folder to something else.
go into admin> files or summat and, if it doesn't create the "articles" folder automatically, create it manually
then try uploading a file to the folder (via admin) and see if you still get that error

If not then just download/re-upload all your files from the renamed folder to the new articles folder

¥

10 Aug 16, 2006 21:07

I renamed the "old" article folder. I created an article folder with the "files" ==> "article" and got the following message:

The blog's media directory «media/blogs/articles/» has been created with permissions 775.

by trying uloading files i got this error again :

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20095 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/media/blogs/articles owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web25/html/sniglesde/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

File management
File upload
Some file uploads failed. Please check the errors below.
Files to upload
Allowed file extensions: jpg gif png txt
Maximum allowed file size: 96 KB

An unknown error occurred when moving the uploaded file on the server.

what went wrong :(

Form is loading...