Recent Topics

1 Aug 17, 2006 11:36    

hello,

just want to install the plugin "captcha" and realized that the "plugin tab" does not work in my backoffice :( I only got a white screen :(
two days ago I aleady installed "you-tube-plugin" sucessfully.

what happend?

kind regards
Joe

2 Aug 17, 2006 20:16

Memory limit issue (and a fatal error).

Try adding

ini_set('memory_limit', '12M');

to e.g. /conf/_basic_config.php for 12 MB (instead of 8, which is the default). If you still have problems, try 16 etc.

3 Aug 18, 2006 07:06

it does not help. still the same problem :(

I added the code to file /conf/_basic_config.php here:

<?php
ini_set('memory_limit', '16M'); 
/**
 * This is b2evolution's basic config file.

4 Aug 18, 2006 18:03

You have safe mode enabled at your host, IIRC, so maybe setting memory_limit is ignored?!

Put a script like:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

in your documentroot and call it through the browser.. what does it say for memory_limit there?

Additionally, you might/should look at your server's error log - there would be the reason for the white page. Or add

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

at the top of _basic_config.php. That should display the fatal error also in the browser.

5 Aug 18, 2006 22:28

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

what does it say for memory_limit there?

it says: memory limit 8M

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

browser error:

Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
Die gewünschte Seite ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar. Möglicherweise sind technische Schwierigkeiten aufgetreten oder Sie sollten die Browsereinstellungen überprüfen.

6 Aug 19, 2006 00:42

Try

ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

then instead.. but the problem is the memory limit (which you cannot change in safe mode apparently).

Sorry, you'll have to ask your host about it.

Just tell them that the default will be 16M with PHP 5.2 anyway.. :)

7 Aug 19, 2006 01:38

This might be a good application for the cheap workaround: delete from your server all the plugins you're not interested in using. If you're using lots of them then obviously this isn't valuable, but if you're only using 3 or 4 and want to use a 5th then you can dump quite a few.

8 Aug 20, 2006 18:37

Hi edb,

that works pretty good, but each time I want to install a new plugin, I have to think about which other plugin I have to delete :o

another problem that I found out right now:
click in the backoffice on tab "posts"

Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
Die gewünschte Seite ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar. Möglicherweise sind technische Schwierigkeiten aufgetreten oder Sie sollten die Browsereinstellungen überprüfen.

==>in english: can not display page. Sounds similar like the error with the with the plugins.

regards
joe

Form is loading...