Recent Topics

1 Mar 17, 2004 01:51    

Greetings!

I am a newbie at this so any input you can give will be appreciated.

I have b2evo installed and I was able to remove all of the stub files so that I only have one blog. I was able to learn how to post pictures. I figured out how to remove lots of stuff from the css file so that my right hand column only has a few things.

I think to change the layout of my page, I need to modify the .css file. I read the forums and downloaded TopStyle lite, but I don't get how that helps me change the layout. I can see where this helps me change the font and colors, but what if I want to move the column on the right to say the left of the screen and my post? Is there a WYSIWYG editor for the layout of the .css files?

Also is there a library of skins or templates to look at for B2evo?

2 Mar 17, 2004 06:41

Not sure how much TopStyle Lite is stripped down, but I do use TopStyle Pro, and what I do is just open a page up in my browser, and then save the page to my drive (this lets the server do all of its script parsing, so all I end up saving is the regular HTML and images for the page.

I then set the saved page as my previw page in TopStyle Pro. Now, as I edit the CSS file, I can more easily preview how the page is rendering.

The columns you see in your browser are actually div containers...and by editing the attributes of the appropriate div, you can move columns around .

As far as templates, or skins, just look in the skins folder...each folder within that directory is a different skin/template.

3 Mar 17, 2004 07:55

greg544 wrote:

what if I want to move the column on the right to say the left of the screen and my post?

Then you have to edit your skin's _main.php or your template.

-Vegar

4 Mar 11, 2005 02:26

I know this thread is almost a year old, but I'll post this in case anyone comes here asking the same question. I use the [url=https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60]Web Developer Toolbar[/url] for Firefox. Just go to your site, then click on "edit css" and a sidebar pops up with the stylesheet(s) for your page. Any changes you make take effect immediately. You'll still have to save your changes and upload them when you're done, but it's a really nice way to play around. This extension can also outline block elements and show you their id or class label.

5 Mar 12, 2005 03:26

personman,

I'll see you and raise you a bump. Rather than the mozilla site, I'd recommend grabbing a newer version of the web developer directly from the author's site: www.chrispedrick.com

Mozilla is taking a long time get extension updates posted, whereas by going to Chris' site ... you can always find the latest version.

[url=http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/]Web Developer Extension for FireFox - NEWEST version[/url]

The current version is: v0.9.3

-stk

6 Mar 26, 2005 01:55

personman wrote:

I know this thread is almost a year old, but I'll post this in case anyone comes here asking the same question. I use the [url=https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60]Web Developer Toolbar[/url] for Firefox. Just go to your site, then click on "edit css" and a sidebar pops up with the stylesheet(s) for your page. Any changes you make take effect immediately. You'll still have to save your changes and upload them when you're done, but it's a really nice way to play around. This extension can also outline block elements and show you their id or class label.

Wonderful suggestion and thanks!

W.Hill

Form is loading...