Recent Topics

1 Apr 25, 2004 20:22    

Okay, So I have read how to eliminate http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=890. I want to, for the moment, lose the skin changer, and also eliminate of the entire cats in the side menu for the other skins. I am using the Babyblues skin at the moment, but would like to start editing the custom one and making some of my own, at the moment I am playing the different ones I have to get a feel for php again, (this is what I get leaving phpbbfm :( for the last 2 years)

Here is what I did editing _main.php:

<div class="sidetitle" align="center"><?php // echo T_('skin the site') ?>
		 <div class="sidebody"> 
		<?php //---------------------------------- START OF SKIN LIST ----------------------------------
			 //for( skin_list_start(); skin_list_next(); ) { ?>
			<?php //<a href="<?php skin_change_url() ?><?php //skin_list_iteminfo( 'name' ) ?><?php //</a><br />
		 </div> 
		 // --------------------------------- END OF SKIN LIST ---------------------------------

They are still there. My editor shows them to be "properly ommented" out.
This is my site: http://www.beyondthejourney.com/dreamscapes/blogs/blog_a.php?skin=babyblues

2 Apr 26, 2004 17:43

Try actually removing that section. Or, if you want to have it remain, but be hidden in the code, I find it's easiest to do this:

<?php if (0) { ?>
<!-- Stuff you want to hide goes here -->
<?php } ?>

I'd also look for the "simple things." Did you save the file, upload it correctly, etc? Does it look alright on your local machine? (Assuming that you have php and some sort of web server installed, of course.) Try changing the phrase "Skin the site" to "Monkey" to see if you're actually editing the correct file. That could really be it, I know I've fallen for that once or twice! ;)

Isaac

3 May 29, 2004 04:32

Yes, what I did was take out this whole section:

<div class="bSideItem">
    <h3>Choose skin</h3>
		<ul>
			<?php // ---------------------------------- START OF SKIN LIST ----------------------------------
			for( skin_list_start(); skin_list_next(); ) { ?>
				<li><a href="<?php skin_change_url() ?>"><?php skin_list_iteminfo( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></li>
			<?php } // --------------------------------- END OF SKIN LIST --------------------------------- ?>
		</ul>
	</div>

And changed it to my links area. It worked out pretty good for me, without any errors. :)

4 Aug 30, 2004 19:22

This is the way Fran?ois does it.
It is the best way :

<?php if( ! $Blog->get('force_skin') )
{	// Skin switching is allowed for this blog: ?>
	<div class="bSideItem">
		<h3><?php echo T_('Choose skin') ?></h3>
		<ul>
			<?php // ------------------------------- START OF SKIN LIST -------------------------------
			for( skin_list_start(); skin_list_next(); ) { ?>
				<li><a href="<?php skin_change_url() ?>"><?php skin_list_iteminfo( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></li>
			<?php } // ------------------------------ END OF SKIN LIST ------------------------------ ?>
		</ul>
	</div>
<?php } ?>

Form is loading...