Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2006 21:10    

Hi

I am hoping someone can help.

We are running version b2evo v 0.9.0.12 at the moment but obviously need to upgrade.

I have tried looking at the B2evolution 1.8 "Summer Beta" released thread in here but am being told the topic does not exist :-/

Can anyone explain what the differences are in controlling spam between the version we are running and the upgrades ?

TBH at the moment spam is becoming a bit of a pain, and our blog is not really very big.

We are trying to update the antispam regularly, and are doing this every couple of days or so, however we are still getting a fair amount of spam, and using the Antispam tab in the admin area runs slowly. Each time we 'report & ban' the window runs slowly, which makes it a bit of a chore to have to go through and ban a few at a time.

At times we get none then seem to be hit with loads in a day or so.

Is there anything like visual confirmation for comments that is included in the updates? Is there any way to control trackbacks as we are getting a fair amount of these also?

I am also not extremely techie, so would want to upgrade to something that wouldn't need much technical knowledge to keep running....would B2evolution 1.8 "Summer Beta" be the best for us in these circumstances?

Many thanks

Ruby xxx xox

3 Aug 21, 2006 23:40

1.8.1-RC is available, you should use that.

And yes, there are a lot of antispam features in there (and additionally available as a plugin).

For upgrading, you could also look at http://manual.b2evolution.net/ or search the forums. There are quite a few threads already.

4 Aug 21, 2006 23:41

@whoo: the above links to a private forum?!

5 Aug 22, 2006 01:07

Looks like when you click a link to a global announcement you get taken to the original post, which in this case is in a private forum.

6 Aug 22, 2006 04:51

oh, well shit then, thanks, ill fix.

there, all better, my apologies on that i must have been having a blonde day wehn i did that

Form is loading...