Recent Topics

1 Sep 04, 2006 06:13    

I'm trying to set up a multi-blog site for a community.

I've created a test site to play with and created a number of users with the AutoBlog creation plugin, which works reasonably well. I have b2evo 1.8.1.

The User blogs are all showing up as Categories and are listed across the top of the Blog_A page.

I'm getting the impression that there is a close connection between Cats and Blogs, but that Cats should be in Blogs. Is that right?

What I would like is to have a master Blog link directory that auto-updates, preferably as a vertical nav column that appears on all blog pages.

The Cat list seem to behave the way I want.

So an option is to use the Cat list to present all Blogs and not allow users to generate/use cats/subcats. ??

Getting cross-eyed after looking at this for 2 days.

Thanks for any assistance.

2 Sep 04, 2006 11:02

the userblogs are blogs
not categories
in every blog, a categorys is created witht the same name as the blogname.. so that can be real confusing..

What do you mean with 'master blog link' ?

it's very well possible to not allow users to generate categories;.

3 Sep 06, 2006 05:32

Ok what your seeing at that top, according to how b2evo works, and that plugin, is a new blog for each person. However in the Blog All, you will see each post from all of those blogs.

Each of those Blogs A,B,C,D etc
then hase their own Categories
A.1, A.2, A.3, B.1, C.1, C.2., D. ..... and so on.

The "main page" aka http://www.yoursite.com/blogs/ will give you teh main page and that will display all posts, because by default the code sets Blog All, also known as blodid=1 as the default.

Your users should be able to make thier own categories for each blog, which is ok.

Hope that helps in some of the explanation of how b2evo works.

Form is loading...