Recent Topics

1 Sep 25, 2006 17:34    

I just upgraded to 1.8 Serenity from 1.6. I have many problems. I suspect the server as I installed on another site with no problem.
Here is a list of what I see wrong:
No sidebar shows in any skin.
On user admin page cannot scroll far enough to save - page ends. (checked permissions)
Only one message shows in posts on any chosen blog.
When choosing plugins from admin I receive server error and can do nothing.
Ireceived no errors on install, database looks fine. I have installed three times and once with new database with same results. As i mentioned all works on another site (same provider, different server). The site that works is running MySQL 3.23.58. The one that is messed up is at MySQL 4.1.14-standard if that is any help. I have checked and compared all file sizes,.htaccess and permissions. I still have the correct users cats etc in admin before trying with new database install. I have backups. Any suggestions to get this up again. Thanks for any assistance.

2 Sep 26, 2006 00:11

After further investigation and a view of the log this appears to be related to allowed memory size in php.ini. I was unable to correct with .htaccess, so am waiting for a response from my host. The funny thing is that the php.ini is the same on the server that is working.

3 Sep 26, 2006 02:20

I was able to solve this with a line in the _basic_config.php .
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '16M' );
should have searched more effectively.
Now all works great.

Form is loading...