Recent Topics

1 Sep 29, 2006 16:37    

Using b2evolution 1.8.2, and having trouble installing captcha 1.8.2 or 1.8.3.

When I go to enable the plugin it gives me this error.

The plugin with ID 30 could not get instantiated.

Database setup for plugin #0 ()

The plugin needs the following database changes.

My first problem dealt with getting the gd lib install correctly. After doing an "apt-get install php4-gd" that error went away and the error above appeared. I'm not sure that I have install the gd library correctly.

Here is my system setup.
- Linux Debian
- Apache2
- MySQL 5.0.24
- PHP Version 4.4.2-1.1
- For a complete list of info visit: http://www.findingfred.com/sysinfo.php

3 Sep 29, 2006 18:05

I looked at th post and that doesn't seem related, until I upgraded to PHP5 and got the white screen. I promptly updated my php.ini file to allow 12MB for memory and it fixed the white screen problem.

However, I am still getting the same error. Here are some screen shots. The first is the error I am getting, and the second is the screen right before the error.

Thanks,
Mark

4 Sep 29, 2006 18:38

I think some needed to go to 16m.

5 Sep 29, 2006 19:01

I just changed the setting to 18MB and still no change. Get the same error message.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Mark P.

6 Sep 29, 2006 19:23

This has nothing to do with memory limit.. PHP is not barking out here..

markvp, please enable $debug in /conf/_advanced.php and take a look at the "error" (if present) and "plugins" category at the Debuglog at the end of the page (when the error occured).

I'll try reproducing it here.

7 Sep 29, 2006 19:35

Does the captcha_plugin appear in the list of installed plugins after the error? Is its status "broken"/disabled?

8 Sep 29, 2006 19:37

hmmm...well, I couldn't tell. The error message "can't be instantiated" was the same message I got when I had to up the memory. [shrug]

9 Sep 29, 2006 19:42

Thanks Blueyed, I didn't think it was related. I attached screen shots of the error and status of the plugin.

Before I turned the debugging on the status was listed as "available plugins". After the debugging it is listed as "Installed" - see first attached image.

Turned debugging on, and it came up with the error.

The plugin has not been enabled.
The GD library does not seem to be installed.

I then turned off debugging and got the same error. Seems my other error isn't showing up any more.

I have GD installed.

ns1:/home/findingfred-com/web/b2evolution/blogs/conf# apt-get install php5-gd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
php5-gd is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 38 not upgraded.
ns1:/home/findingfred-com/web/b2evolution/blogs/conf#

Is GD some how not enabled in PHP5 or Apache2?

Thanks,
Mark P.

10 Sep 29, 2006 20:02

mrdav, really? If memory_limit is exhausted, PHP will exit.. there won't be a chance for b2evo to catch this error and display a "could not get instantiated" error..

markvp, put a "phpinfo();" page somewhere and see if GD is listed there. You may need to explicitly enable it in your php.ini file - add/uncomment "extension=gd.so" there.

I'd also really like you to reproduce the error "The plugin could not get instantiated" and know the cause of it (from the Debuglog). Can you reproduce it by reducing the memory limit again?

11 Sep 29, 2006 20:08

Perhaps I am confusing the two errors I had while getting the plugin working. My host also upgraded his software, and I had gd libraries go down. I had the memory limit and the gd problem almost simultaneously. My bad. :(

12 Sep 29, 2006 21:14

1. I have the problem solved, all is working.

2. I have been trying to reproduce the error like blueyie requested with no luck. They only thing I can reproduce it the blank white screen, but dropping my memory down. I have made sure all the application packages were updated during this whole process. I also upgraded from php4 to php5, not sure where the error went.

the gd options was commented out in my /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file. I uncommented it and tested it out. It failed initialy, I then refreshed my screen thinking it might have cached some of the code. After the refresh everything installed beautfully.

Thanks everyone, this has got to be one of the most responsive forums I belong to.

Form is loading...