Recent Topics

1 Oct 03, 2006 01:14    

hello,

i`m a new user and still learning, so i might be a little slow to digest. so pls help me

i`m hosting the server. as if localhost. i`m using xampp as the server. with PHP Version 5.1.6, phpMyAdmin - 2.8.2.4, MySQL - 5.0.24a-community

the problem is this. i can access the blog section, but the problem is, it is only plain with no skins applied. and i cant go to any links(including login) because the link is directed to (http://localhost/...). so practically, it will redirect to the client's pc, not mine.

how do i change this?

and the skins thing. could it possblly be i setted up password for phpmyadmin, mysql and my xammp admin page??

quick reply are needed. pls reply asap. thanks

ym me if you would. id= mic_y2k

2 Oct 03, 2006 01:23

In the backoffice there is a setting for the base url of your blog. Does that have localhost in it? If so, you might change the localhost part to the network ip address of your host server. 128.0.0.xxx or something like that.

In the backoffice you should also make sure you have set a default skin for your blog. The default skin from your settings is what will appear to outsiders.

Your Xammp settings should be fine since you can access the blog okay on your network.

3 Oct 03, 2006 01:37

so this means that everytime i add a new blog, i have to set it manually?

the skin thing doesnt change. it still look plain..

erm.. it works, but when i click at the "login" link. it is still redirect to "localhost"

and i noticed, i didnt have that "/admin" folder. im using "serenity" 1.8.2

and

in "/conf/_config.php" theres no statement such as
"$baseurl = 'http://localhost';" and if i wanted to, wwhere should i put it?

anyone please....

4 Oct 03, 2006 03:18

I think it was moved from _config.php to _basic_config.php or something like that in the same /conf folder.

5 Oct 03, 2006 17:05

yes, heman, you probably have your $baseurl set to "localhost". Change that in the /conf/_basic_config.php file.

Form is loading...