Recent Topics

1 Oct 11, 2006 10:58    

Hi all,

I going to change my main website name and I am wondering how that will affect my current installation/blogs. Do I need to setup anything different or will everything be ok after the name change. The files will however reside on the same webserver so I can point the new name to the same directory.
Any help Appreciated

Raymond

2 Oct 11, 2006 15:46

The only thing you'll need to do is edit /conf/_basic_config.php after the move to change the baseurl. All other urls in b2evolution are based off of that value.

3 Oct 11, 2006 17:57

exept if you had upload a lot of images to your media directory, because there the old URL is still in it.

4 Oct 12, 2006 02:17

Hmm.. So what do you do about the media links then? Other thing I am wondering about is when someone goes to trackback a post I am assuming it is going to point to the wrong URL. There are very few posts, so I am thinking they could just repost them. I suppose for awhile I can redirect the old site name to the new one for awhile as well.

6 Oct 12, 2006 02:30

Hmmm very true... appreciate that input :)

Raymond

7 Oct 25, 2006 09:21

Well just as I thought.... Just going to the basic config and changing the path isn't good enough. All the paths for the blogs are still pointing to old url. Im not sure what my best option is. I only have test blogs on the site, so maybe a reinstall. I was hoping I really would not have to go that route just because I am changing the url name, especially after applying all the fixes for everything and it is working perfect. Any other ideas appreciated.

Raymond

8 Oct 25, 2006 13:58

What do you mean by this:

All the paths for the blogs are still pointing to old url.

If you change the $baseurl in _basic_config.php it should update all links on your site. What links are still using the old url? Can you give a link to your site so we can check it out?

9 Oct 25, 2006 22:39

It works for the main site but if you click on one of the blogs that are listed on the page then it wants to redirect to the old url. I am guessing it is something to do with the auto blogger feature.

Raymond

10 Oct 26, 2006 12:45

ok I was finally able to get it work. I discovered that the blogs that were created using the autoblog plugin is what caused the issue. Basically it created each user a index.php file for there home page and I had to edit each index.php and change the old url to the new. Also I had problems with images not being displayed after the change and I had to use phpmyadmin and search the database for the image names and just specify the new url. That seem to get everything up and running. Thanks for everyones help.

Raymond

Form is loading...