Recent Topics

1 Oct 24, 2006 04:03    

Dear b2evolutionists, ;-)

I am trying to implement another level of rights into b2evolution, but having a hard time, doing this. Maybe i am overlooking something?

There are 5 level of permissions for posts:

the important ones for me are:
published = everybody can read

protected = only group members

I need both, and a thirĀ“d in between: Readable for all logged in users, but not only members of a certain blog. How can i achieve this as easy a s possible?

For explanation: My blog-groups are classrooms - therefore people are members of the blogs of the same classroom - but i want to have a possibility to post for the whole school - but not the whole world.

I did not find any standard way of implementing this via userinterface, so i am acctually looking for hacking b2evolution - but i am happy for every idea how to implement this function most efficiently!

regards
Christian

2 Oct 24, 2006 17:01

Can you make all users members of all blogs? That will let them read any protected post when they're logged in, but they won't be able to post to any blog unless they have the Published permission.

3 Oct 24, 2006 17:46

I am allready using the members funktion for the blogs. I need the protected function therefore already for restricting reading within groups of members. I need a third possibility. If i would do it the way you recomend, the groupwise level would be lost!

Thank you anyways

4 Oct 24, 2006 18:19

I see. So, you want to have some public posts that anyone can read, some protected posts that only blog members can read, then some other posts that anyone who is logged in can read? Sorry I misunderstood you at first.

I don't think there's a way to do this without hacking on some core files. You might be able to use Post Types or Post Statuses (part of the workflow feature). A plugin would be a nice way to do this, but I don't think there are plugin hooks that could make this happen. Hacking core files is a mess. And when you upgrade your work is lost. Hmm, anyone have any better ideas?

5 Oct 24, 2006 18:31

Well - you are completly right - but if there is no other way, than there is no other way ;-). So how can i hack my b2evolution efficiently? I have some hacking experience - but i had a hard time with this feature...

6 Oct 24, 2006 18:35

I would just start by searching through the code for every reference to protected posts and adding in a similar reference to your status (semi-protected?). You'll have to edit the database, too.

Form is loading...