Recent Topics

1 Oct 24, 2006 20:10    

Hi all,

I'm upgrading to 1.8, and thus writing the new style from scratch. In order to start, I copied one of the provided skins to a new dir (let's say nifty corners) and created my style sheet, simply editing the file 'style.css' contained in the dir. I then moved up a directory, and copied the dir to another name (because I wanted both blogs to have most of their stuff in common). I then went into this new dir and edited styles.css directly to give it a different flavour.

So I went and looked at blog B, and it looked fine, but when I went to Blog A, it had taken on all the characteristics of Blog B. The css file was identical - style.css in Blog A's skin directory had been overwritten to match Blog B.

Now I'm assuming I made a major hash of things at some point along the way, but I'm darned if I know where. Help?!

Thanks,
David

2 Oct 25, 2006 00:05

All skins belong in your skins folder. The oldie way to have two (or more) skins that were 'close but different' was to make slightly different skins for each blog. Like skins/blogA and skins/blogB folders, then in your back office tell blog A to use the skin called 'blogA' and so forth. This method still works, but why bother if you don't want a different _main.php file?

Since 1.8.2 you can have one master skin, like maybe in your skins/masterskin folder, and select that for each blog. Then, for each blog, enable 'blog specific style sheets' and upload a file called 'style.css' to the blog's media folder. Example blogA uses the master, so there is nothing to upload. BlogB has different colors so you make a style.css file that changes the colors and upload it to your media/blogB folder.

Form is loading...