Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2006 00:50    

How do I get my posts to display as teasers, rather than just displaying the full blown article? I would like them to display maybe the first couple sentences of a post along with the title and then if the reader wishes to read on, they would click a link to display the full article.

2 Oct 28, 2006 01:23

After the bit you want them to see click your !M button, then finish writing your post. It'll look like this when you post:

We love to help but please, before posting a new topic, be sure to search to see if one has been started already.
<!--more-->
Also, please use descriptive titles, not titles like "help me please!!! or "n00b question". Topic/subject titles like those run the risk of immediate deletion

If you want the first bit to not be part of what they see after clicking to the full article use !M and !NT.

We love to help but please, before posting a new topic, be sure to search to see if one has been started already.
<!--more--><!--noteaser-->
Also, please use descriptive titles, not titles like "help me please!!! or "n00b question". Topic/subject titles like those run the risk of immediate deletion

3 Oct 29, 2006 02:47

Thanks!!!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. In the future I will be more descriptive with my titles.

4 Nov 20, 2006 04:28

Is there any way to make the" => Read more!" to appear right after the word that you placed the !M?

The way it is now, it skips a couple of lines and then it shows => Read more!.

[RESOLVED] Can I also change the "=> Read more!" for "More..."

(yes I did a search and that is how I found this topic)

Thank you!

6 Nov 20, 2006 16:09

Thank you Topanga.

But as I mentioned on the post, I was able to change the => read more to say something else.

What I need is how to have the => Read more appear next to the text where the teaser ends and not two lines down.

I followed the link on your post and it explains how to change the => Read more, but it does not explain how to display it next to the teaser.

7 Nov 20, 2006 17:05

The read more has it's own div class.
I suppose (suppose) that if you change that div class to a span class, you can be able to put it on the same line.. (I'm not that good in css)

A plugin is on its way to change the words completely.
For that I can only point you in the direction of Yabba and stk, the ones who made the plugin.

Form is loading...