Recent Topics

1 Nov 06, 2006 04:07    

I'm using B2Evolution version 0.9.0.11

I do not want similies to show up, but in my Write page the Smilies option is activated and blocked (see attachment), so that 'activated' is the default that I cannot change because it is blocked.

What I want is 'deactivated' as default, or make that smilies option disappear.

How can I get that?

Thanks.

2 Nov 06, 2006 06:13

CMP,

In v0.9.0.11, you can deactivate the smilie renderer (so that it disappears completely as an option and never renders) by opening up the /plugins/renderers/_smilies.renderer.php file and changing:

var $apply_when = 'always';

to

var $apply_when = 'never';

(Should be pretty high up in the code, around line 25 or so).

Hope that helps!

4 Nov 07, 2006 18:31

No problem. If you have any other questions or need help, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

5 Jul 08, 2007 14:46

STK's solutions worked fine in previous version, but I now upgraded to Florida and cannot find the code lines that STK gave to me before.

Would you please let me know what should I do to prevent smiles to work, that its to unticked option as a default?

Thanks.

6 Jul 08, 2007 18:18

admin > app settings > plugins, click the lil edit icon on the far right for the smiley plugin

Change the Apply rendering option to "opt-in", hit save ;)

¥

7 Jul 08, 2007 18:54

Well, I could do that:
admin > app settings > plugins, click the lil edit icon on the far right for the smiley plugin

But I couldn't manage myself for the second part:
Change the Apply rendering option to "opt-in", hit save

There's a column with an arrow that works like a toggle key changing selected items from 'Opt-out' to 'never'. I didn't figure out how to put 'opt-in' there in the Smiley row.

As a reults, in my admin area the Smiley bar bar disappeared and also the Smiley option.

Form is loading...