1 Jul 26, 2020 05:30
I am trying to upgrade my b2evolution version from [5.0.5-stable] to any newer version because it is getting old. But when I log in as Admin the Auto upgrade does not function. and I have the following error (see also attached screen capture). The website is (http://iconviz.com/blog/DDblog.php/2020/06/23/latest-video-demo-vip-terminal-2#more48).
The ERRORS are:
WARNING: upgrade_policy.conf not found. ALL FILES WILL BE BLINDLY UPGRADED WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION. Please refer to /conf/upgrade_policy_sample.conf for more info.
WARNING: EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE!
Use for testing only at this point!
Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/n180585/public_html/blog/inc/maintenance/views/_upgrade.form.php on line 83
Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/n180585/public_html/blog/inc/maintenance/views/_upgrade.form.php on line 95
Notice: Undefined variable: button in /home/n180585/public_html/blog/inc/maintenance/views/_upgrade.form.php on line 99
3 Jul 27, 2020 17:44
4 Jul 28, 2020 03:47
Thank you amoun and fplanque. for your reply.
Can you please share some links or the steps to do a manual upgrade?
5 Jul 28, 2020 04:58
6 Jul 28, 2020 07:04
Download a recent version of b2evo, it doesn't have to be 7.1.5
6.11.7 would be fine and you'd be more familiar with the back-end management
- Ensure you have a backup of your database.
- Do not delete the /media directory where your images are, all text is in the database.
- Ask your host if they will upgrade your php. If you have cpanel you may be able to do this yourself, though php 5.6 should work.
- Make sure you have acopy of the database password which is in the [/conf/_basic_config.php] or make a copy of the file.
- Delete all files except as in 2 and 4 above.
- Using Filezilla or some other option upload the files from the download once you have unzipped them and have all the core directories available.
- Go to your site /install/index.php and follow the instructions
Hopefully all will work out. I am a bit concerned that you ask how to manually upgrade.
Please read https://b2evolution.net/man/installation-guide?cat=172 especially from sections 5.1 ~ 5.2 ~ 5.4 You already have a database so 5.3 should not be required.
7 Jul 28, 2020 23:33
Mind you, there is an automatic link every time you write "manual upgrade".