Recent Topics

1 Jun 24, 2009 16:54    

This plugin has been requested for quite a while, so here it is :)

The work is still in progress, but I think you may want to test it and report bugs ;). No public release yet, you may try a test version below.

[url=http://www.sonorth.com/travel/download/O0X34634O2]Download mobile plugin[/url] development version

- The plugin automatically detects your mobile device and displays a blog using "mobile" skin.
- In plugin settings you can select how many posts and comments to display on one page.
- Mobile skin has structure similar to default b2evo skins, and can be customized the same way.
- Blog home page displays the latest posts sorted by main categories.
- "Public blogs" page displaying a list of all public blogs for easy navigation.
- All posted images automatically scaled to 80x80 px.
- Post content is truncated in multi-post views (similar to b2evo 3)

[url=http://demo.sonorth.com/blog1.php]Demo[/url] (mobile device auto detect)
[url=http://demo.sonorth.com/blog1.php?mobi=on]Demo[/url] (force the mobile skin)

2 Jun 24, 2009 17:36

I added these tiny urls to make it easy to test

*url deleted* (mobile device auto detect)

*url deleted* (force the mobile skin)

looks good though the auto detect sent me to mobile from desktop firefox

3 Jun 24, 2009 17:40

looks good though the auto detect sent me to mobile from desktop firefox

I guess this happened after you clicked on the second link. That's because you "forced" the mobile mode ON. Just add mobi=off in any URL to force OFF or delete the cookie for that website.

EDIT: I forgot, there's a link to switch to desktop version in footer, just click on it.

4 Nov 20, 2009 16:56

Is this still in development? It's a great idea.

5 Nov 20, 2009 17:02

I haven't heard much about it. One thing to note though is that browsing b2evo sites via mobile sites is pretty good. I've browsed a couple with an old Windows Mobile and some with the iphone and they look pretty nice as they are. Of course, big pictures and media can get on the way but the basic html/css layout works great the way the current b2evo 3.x skins work.

6 Nov 20, 2009 17:17

You're right. I think mobile browsers are getting better. I have a Droid and have no problem. And, people can still use rss. However, I'd still like to implement it if it's not a big deal.

I can download the files individually, but is there one zip I can download?

8 Nov 20, 2009 21:12

I think it would be much easier to make a very simple skin with 80x80 image sizes (for both linked images and added straight to posts). And then include this skin in b2evo releases.

This way we wouldn't have to rewrite the skin every time b2evo gets a new feature.

Then you can get a Mobile plugin, and it will detect your mobile device and switch you to that basic skin.

I made the skin for this plugin based on b2evo 2.x skins. The "detect the phone and display another skin" part works perfect, we just need a nice mobile skin.

9 Jan 14, 2010 02:26

Great idea, I'm supporting it.

Maybe the "basic" skin is a good starting point already.

btw: your demo links to do not (anymore).

10 Jan 14, 2010 03:33

I updated DEMO links.

Maybe the "basic" skin is a good starting point already.

Well, the skin was already done by that time. What I can do is submit it to CVS so anybody can contribute :)

11 Mar 31, 2010 05:55

hi sam. i just uploaded the file _mobile.plugin.php to my b2evol folder plugin and then i activated the plugin but when im using my mobile to browse my b2evolution site www.jmcausing.tk , it still shows the desktop view.

did i miss something?

12 Mar 31, 2010 06:32

I added a download link to the first post, you probably forgot some files.

13 Mar 31, 2010 06:51

i did. i found the folder called "mobile_plugin" where it has 2 subfolers locals and skins" and 1 file _mobile.plugin.php

I put the mobile_plugin dir to my b2evo plugin folder and activate it.

when i tried to browse. its still showing a desktop view.

Did i miss some files?

14 Apr 04, 2010 02:35

jmcausing wrote:

i did. i found the folder called "mobile_plugin" where it has 2 subfolers locals and skins" and 1 file _mobile.plugin.php

I put the mobile_plugin dir to my b2evo plugin folder and activate it.

when i tried to browse. its still showing a desktop view.

Did i miss some files?

iFrames are the reason in your case.
Use this link with your phone http://jcausing.webfreehosting.net/b2evo/blogs/blog1.php

Or force displaying mobile skin http://jcausing.webfreehosting.net/b2evo/blogs/blog1.php?mobi=on

Note: to get rid of the annoying message in desktop skin you have to remove the "mobi" cookie in your browser :(

15 Sep 02, 2010 00:30

very useful.. and why is it "half-done" again ? let me know if i can do anything to help.btw, havent tried it yet, bot i hope it works with 4.x

16 Sep 19, 2010 17:28

Thanks for this plug-in, but I have a problem when I want to switch to Desktop view using an Android 1.6 device and the debugger menu in Safari acting as an iPhone. It gives me this message: "Your browser is detected as mobile. Click here if you want to switch to our mobile site." and of course, I still see the mobile skin.

I can't find anything in the preferences for that, any ideas?

17 Sep 19, 2010 18:52

It's a known problem, thanks for the feedback anyway.

18 Oct 14, 2010 12:17

Ir works great on my opera mini, but the problem i'm having is that for some reason it also change the desktop default skin, it change the way post are shown in firefox :
no more image, and post are cut after a few line of text.

so i have to take it down, disable it in the meantime, but the idea is really nice !

19 Feb 28, 2011 03:32

Hey Sam,

I just installed this plugin for Rossputin.com

What I notice is that it lists every category and then the latest posts in each category.

What I'd like is just the last few posts without noting the category.

How can I get that done?

Thanks!
Ross

Form is loading...