Recent Topics

1 Nov 07, 2017 07:45    

With a fresh install of 6.9.3, when I add a new member, I get this:

Duplicate entry 'domain.com' for key 'dom_name'(Errno=1062)

Your query:

INSERT INTO evo_basedomains ( dom_type, dom_name )

VALUES ( 'email', 'domain.com' )

I have tried the remedies in the search results for this error and get no result. I have the correct domain name for 'domain.com'. I have deleted the database and B2 and started from scratch, with the same result. How can I proceed?

2 Nov 08, 2017 00:43

So when I end a session, and try to log in again, I cannot. If I go to phpmyadmin, change password to 'cabbage', I still have no access.

3 Nov 08, 2017 01:03

I am now completely locked out of admin. Nothing I do in phpMyadmin - insert text string for cabbage, change vis MD5 to new password. I would appreciate some advice here.

4 Nov 15, 2017 01:34

Sorry you've had no response.
Do you have a database backup and could you downgrade the installation to get the previous working?

6 Dec 21, 2017 01:43

Now I have the same error with a clean install of 6.9.4. Having set up the site as admin, when I try to add another user - name, login, email (@domain.com.au), password - I get the 1062 error.

MySQL error!

Duplicate entry 'domain.com.au' for key 'dom_name'(Errno=1062)

Your query:

INSERT INTO evo_basedomains ( dom_type, dom_name )

VALUES ( 'email', 'domain.com.au' )

7 Dec 28, 2017 16:05

Does it work with a different domain?

I've just tried on my site (v 6.9.5) using the same domain as all is fine

8 Dec 28, 2017 23:14

Thank you for your reply amoun. I've had the problem on at least 3 sites over 3 different versions, if I remember correctly. I generally use some undesirable workaround - like giving a second user the original login. The problem always arises with regard to user information. Sometimes I can't even get rid of 'Johhny Admin'. No instructive log messages.

All that would suggest, perhaps, a server issue, in that all sites are on the same server. This is not a constructive thought though, as I have no clue as to how to proceed. Server people simply suggest contacting B2.

So, I ask myself, how could there be a 'duplicate entry'? There is only 1 entry.

9 Dec 29, 2017 13:03

Hi. I avoid installing with demo users etc so no 'Johnny'

I'm wondering what control of the sever you have. Can you host multiple sites or subdomains? If you can then it may be an idea to install another without demo info and see if you still have the problem. If that works then you could change it's database either by copying and replacing or ( by redirecting -once you've made a backup). Maybe there is a database issue?

All the best

10 Dec 30, 2017 00:21

will be fixed in 6.9.5

12 Dec 30, 2017 07:23

Ripper. Thank you fplanque. I'll give it a go. And thanks amoun for the nice work-around-the-frustrating-bits suggestion. I'll file it with the others!

Form is loading...