Recent Topics

1 Aug 23, 2007 16:33    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hello all, not sure if this has been answered before, but I would like to know if it is possible to use stub files in subfolders outside of the main b2 install folder. So say I have b2 installed in folder mysite/Blog. I want to put the stub file in mysite/OtherFolder/stub.php. I have tried this without much hacking and I get the error

Warning: main(/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxx/xxxxxx/conf/_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/xxxx.php on line 11

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/xxxxxx/conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/xxxx.php on line 11

(X's inserted for security's sake) Not even sure this is possible, but I wanted to see if anyone here had some thoughts before I gave up on my dreams:)

Thanks!

2 Aug 23, 2007 18:55

How did you make your stub file? Best thing you can do is edit the a_stub.php in the ../blogs/ folder. Especially the last two lines are important:

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';

In the Blog settings you point to the stub file (in this case a_stub.php, in your case you may have given it another name.)

Now you can port this stubfile to wherever you want within the base domain where the blog is located.

Good luck.

3 Aug 23, 2007 19:19

l-------------->[b2Folder]
Root
l------------->[OtherFolder]------->a_stub.php

This is how the server is set up. The install of b2evolution is in a file on the root. The stub file is in a different file on the root. I tried the stub file suggestion, but still no luck. It is looking for the config file in the OtherFolder still, not in the b2Folder. Basically I need to go out of one folder and into another, if that's even possible. If not that, the goal I am attempting is including something from the blog, a list of stories basically, and I want users to be able to click on the linkblog or archives and read other stories, without leaving the OtherFolder. It's a fan club section of a site, so we are trying to keep it contained without installing another instance of b2 in the OtherFolder. Thanks for the initial suggestion Afwas. I think I might be wanting something that b2 was not designed to do.

Thanks!

Form is loading...