Recent Topics

1 Apr 10, 2008 18:23    

welcome to forums..

firstly, providing a link is always useful.

presuming you made the install all good, depending on what you have said, i would recommend you delete the /install folder first..-if you are sure all sql tables are installed succesfully- (you should do it anyway, for security reasons..)

2 Apr 10, 2008 19:12

Hi again,

Uhm, ok, I uploaded the install folder into the /var/www/html directory (I'm running RedHat Enterprise 5.0).

Now, I'm not so sure about going around and deleting things.

Basically, index.html is a hard coded page and what I probably want is blogs and forums.

I'd like to have some forums like these - where do I get them?

You can send me email at preston.christopher@gmail.com or even AIM me at foonix1

3 Apr 10, 2008 22:37

Please dont doublepost.. no-one is trying to harass you. You have provided your e-mail.. is there anything else someone would need to know before contacting you?

--

These forums == phpBB. http://www.phpBB.com

--

The spam warning you saw, was a result of you using the word "cigarette" in your reply. One of the common things spammed on forums is cheap cigarettes. That word is a keyword in the spam protection on this forum. As your post count increases, or you are a member for longer than a cpl hours, your posts stop being scrutinized for spam.

4 Apr 10, 2008 23:37

Well I already had a nice Russian boy offer to help me for money.

I'd just as soon pay somebody so that I know that I'll get what I want. I don't really trust people that don't take money for service - that way it's a nice business transaction and we can agree to what it is that I'm getting.

Besides, he lives in Russia, I figure he can use the money anyway.

Ok, so I was wrong about the spam thing - but it's still scary to have my post eaten up for no reason.

I'm used to speaking my mind and I just sort of spew my thoughts out. I just can't seem to have the thing make the installer screen go away and go to a nice menu instead.

I downloaded phpBB and I want the BBS and the Blog to be on menus on the same page for my users.

Now, let's play nice :)

I love to play - I'm sorry for being mean to you, I'm sure you're a really nice guy (are you cute? never mind, sorry I asked ... not really :) )

Ok, well, whoever wants to help me get this stuff up, just AIM me or private message me or email me or call me - 502-550-9070

I have nothing better to do than to wait around for someone to help me anyway because I'm in Missouri and I can't get a date until I go back to Atlanta anyway.

All my love to the nice people <3

Chris
West Point Class of 1984
Gay
Missing my dog :(

5 Apr 10, 2008 23:55

maybe you should first pay someone to explain you what people say..

i am not trying to be aggressive, but uhhm, telling, "my blog is not doing bla bla" "my page is not yaba yaba" are not descriptive..

i am replying to this post for the last time and dont take this as i am being stubborn or sarcastic however, you shouldnt hang on to that payment thing a lot, as not that all people help other ppl for money always, or the support, appreciation or the answers you get doesnt mean they are the best when u pay for it.. just think basically, what would it be like everything on the internet had been paid..-i guess it would not develop a bit-..cheers

and dont be that afraid deleting the install folder..that would fix it probably if the install is complete

6 Apr 11, 2008 00:51

I answer questions for free and write plugins for free and have created skins for free and sometimes provide free support outside the forums. I am therefore not nice and we will not be able to agree on the end result.

FY or FO?

8 Apr 11, 2008 01:11

Hey this is cool!

I know the answer to this problem and it's as easy as can be BUT since I don't charge I am not trustworthy and therefore do not want to (a) provide an unreliable answer or (b) take easy money from someone who feels like charging 300 USD for 20 minutes worth of work.

:lol: :roll: :lol:

9 Apr 11, 2008 01:22

If it's free that means you get to do what you want.

I prefer to pay so that I can say what I want and expect to receive what I pay for.

Free doesn't impress me. So what?

Money is nothing to me. I churn the stuff out at $200/hour by giving my opinions and analysis to real companies on their data architecture.

I've been coding since 1976, do C, C++, Java and am a top expert in relational modeling and enterprise architectures. I could sit here fiddling with the PHP code and making everything just so but I don't feel like it. I've got other things to do like trying to find a date for the afternoon because I'd rather drink some beers (room service is on the way) and have sex.

So go away with your free this and that. I didn't ask for anything free and I wouldn't anyway because I don't trust people that do things for free to actually deliver or stand behind what they do.

The hard part is called support and documentation fellas. None of you people want to spend time on that. It's easy to sit around hacking. I just have carpal tunnel and my fingers hurt from developing arthritis.

I could code circles around any of you any day I felt like it. I just *dont* *have* *to* any more so I don't. I pay kids to be script kiddies and I get what I want.

So, those interested in some honest work for some honest money are welcome.

The rest of you don't impress me and I don't know why you bothered posting to tell me about all the things you do. Oh, wait, you have egos, right - I don't - I never developed emotionally beyond the age of 9 - my own bio mother and grandmother nearly killed me "disciplining me" at the age of 4 and I've never emotionally gone through puberty.

I have no ego. I don't care about boys and their tender egos. Real script kiddies like to hack and get paid doing it.

Now leave me alone and let me find some useful help that want to make a few bucks and quit being so sensitive.

Who knows, I might have them write me a nice custom plugin and give it away as open source.

Everything we are going to do at my company (InterAppWare LLC) will be open source. So shoo shoo, go away and come again when you work for pay.

[CSF] [GSF] foonix
Chris Preston
West Point Class of 1984
Gay, 46
Getting what I want and paying for it (I pay for the fun stuff to, hook me up :) )

10 Apr 11, 2008 01:31

Can this thread stay on the topic... please.

Foonix,. If and when your issue is resolved could you post as much, with any thanks you might want to give and we will mark the topic title as Resolved.

Cheers

11 Apr 11, 2008 01:39

Sorry John, but I'm locking this thread.

foonix if/when you start a new topic here either learn and use manners or expect me to lock your thread without hesitation or notice.

foonix wrote:

I didn't ask for anything free

after foonix wrote:

I could consider paying some support help

By the way that is NOT the install page. You obviously paid no attention to the free instructions you received with your free open source software.

in a pissy little fit foonix wrote:

So shoo shoo, go away

Please do.

12 Apr 11, 2008 02:23

foonix via PM wrote:

OOOH like you're just so important

NOT

Like - "ooh, I know the answer but I'm not telling!"

Grow up you old idiot.

Jesus, why do people like you even exist. All you do is try to pump your chest up like you're somebody when you are a nobody.

Like I care you locked the thread

OOHHHH MY GOODNESS, I'M SO SCARED OF YOUR TERRIBLE LITTLE MOUSE

You are a witless old fool

And I'm not anything more than 10 times the man you ever thought about being PAL.

I put up a nice gay outside but the fact is I am a tough mean SOB and you are a nobody - period.

But yah just couldn't help pump your chest up, could you?

What a looser you are.

Now buzz off you tired useless old coot.

I know a lot better and smarter people than you and I'm already enjoying a nice beer and looking forward to a relaxing evening.

Enjoy you're petty little nothingness.

Just thought I'd write to poke at your tiny and fragile little ego.

People like you just can't stand to be ignored - LOL

You're a zero.

Never heard of yah - you don't matter. I turned Bill Gates down 4 times looser. Tired old loosers like you never make it anywhere.

Now go away you tired old looser.

Jesus you're a lamer punk - and get a haircut the 60s are over fatso.

bye

Chris Preston
West Point Class of 1984
Somebody that loves rubbing it in the faces of punks with nothing to show for their lives

What a fool. To turn down free help in deference to paid help that isn't happening is just plain stupid. Oh well! I expected nothing and got nothing so I'm doing all right in this. Preston, on the other hand, needs something, expected something, and also got nothing. Awwwww.

13 Apr 11, 2008 09:54

..and to lock a thread, and then repost a private message in the locked thread really makes you look like an ass. Did you lock this because it was needing to be locked or so you could use it as a soapbox against someone who cant reply publically?

How incredibly "mannered" of you, edb.

Form is loading...