Recent Topics

1 Sep 14, 2007 19:55    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi

I just installed the newest b2evo and got this error when loggin in for the first time...

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /mounted-storage/***dirs***/www/justanotherblog.dk.myfirstlinux/inc/_main.inc.php on line 439

What went wrong...??

Best regards
Carsten, Denmark

2 Sep 15, 2007 01:23

Darn, I answered this question, then the forum crashed and lost some posts including my answer. And I cannot remember what I wrote.

Anyway, delete your cookies or try in a different browser / on a different computer. Or try to explicitly logout first. Do you have javaScript installed and active (it mentions JS a few lines above your error)?

It looks like nothing went wrong while installing 2.0. It's just the new blog and the browser need to get to know each other. Or something like that.

Good luck

[edit by whoo: the forum didnt crash - the forum was moved]

3 Sep 15, 2007 06:41

Have you deleted or moved to a temporary directory all your old b2evo files before uploading v2 files?

Then after "upgrading" (ie install.php > upgrade), press CTRL+F5 if you are using IE, FF and Opera. For Safari, just press F5. This will force the browser to get the latest stuff directly from your server instead of your proxy and/or cache.

4 Sep 15, 2007 09:48

Hi again

No matter what i do, it does not help :(

It still gives me the error :(

Line 439 contains this

$User = & $UserCache->get_by_login($login);

I'm a bit lost here :roll:

Best regards
Carsten, Denmark

5 Sep 15, 2007 16:58

Well

Just tryed to install it under main domain, not under subdomain, but it's the problem :(

Is there something i miss here...??

Best regards
Carsten, Denmark

6 Sep 29, 2007 15:23

Were you able to find the issue? I just installed 2.x and got the same exact problem. I had major issues just trying to upgrade from 9 with database fields so i wiped my db. Then im installing on a subdomain which never had the blogs on it.

Essentially...its a clean install and clearing cache and cookies and everything did not fix it.

Help??

thanks
Jenson

7 Sep 29, 2007 16:24

Hmm, try to go v9 to v2.0.0 then to v2.0.1.

Reminder, do this on your non-public website clone. I mean, clone your site somewhere and do the testing there.

If it still doesn't work, last option will be to go pass by v1.10.x then v2.0.0 then v2.0.1.

If still won't, the b2e devs turn to help ;)

8 Sep 30, 2007 13:44

Laibcoms wrote:

Hmm, try to go v9 to v2.0.0 then to v2.0.1.

Reminder, do this on your non-public website clone. I mean, clone your site somewhere and do the testing there.

If it still doesn't work, last option will be to go pass by v1.10.x then v2.0.0 then v2.0.1.

If still won't, the b2e devs turn to help ;)

Thanks, but that is basically how things went. The version i had running was 1.9.? and i uploaded all the files for v2 and tried to install after removing all the files of the previous version. The install kept erroring out on adding db fields so i wiped the files clean again and uploaded v1.10.1. The install/upgrade worked just fine with that so i tried v2 again. Still didnt work but i did get further along. Eventually i said screw it, BU the db, dropped all tables and tried again. The NEW install went fine but then i started getting php errors when trying to view the site.

Does v2.x.x need php 5? I only have php 4 on my host, but the b2e docs say nothing about php ver requirements.

Thanks again

9 Dec 04, 2007 17:20

Has anyone come up with what this error is? I am having the same issue with an upgrade. My upgrade seemed to work fine, then when I try to login I get the same error. I have PHP 4.3 and MySQL 5 running on my host.

10 Dec 06, 2007 21:09

Please see what $UserCache is in line 389, after:

$UserCache = & get_Cache( 'UserCache' );

by adding

var_dump( gettype($UserCache) );

If it's not "object", then get_Cache() fails somehow. In this case add a "pre_dump($UserCache);" before and after the call to get_Cache() and see what it reports.

11 Dec 07, 2007 20:17

blueyed wrote:

Please see what $UserCache is in line 389, after:

by adding

If it's not "object", then get_Cache() fails somehow. In this case add a "pre_dump($UserCache);" before and after the call to get_Cache() and see what it reports.

I now have this:

pre_dump($UserCache);
pre_dump($UserCache);

in my _main.inc.php. I get the following output:
Notice: Undefined variable: UserCache in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 387

NULL

object(usercache)(0) {
}

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2308

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2309

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2310

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2311

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 446

Using just the

I get the following: "Notice: Undefined variable: UserCache in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 387
string(4) "NULL" "

12 Dec 08, 2007 04:43

Oh. You are getting an object from get_Cache, but a strange one.
I remember we had some bug before, where returning something by reference from a function, while using "global" also to "create" the variable, caused weird behaviour.

Try changing line 136 in inc/_core/_class4.funcs.php from
$UserCache = new UserCache(); // COPY (FUNC)
to
$GLOBALS['UserCache'] = new UserCache(); // COPY (FUNC)

That may still not work, because the "global" is still in place at the beginning of get_Cache, but give it a try.

Another option would be upgrading you php.. :/

14 Dec 10, 2007 17:36

blueyed wrote:

Oh. You are getting an object from get_Cache, but a strange one.
I remember we had some bug before, where returning something by reference from a function, while using "global" also to "create" the variable, caused weird behaviour.

Try changing line 136 in inc/_core/_class4.funcs.php from
$UserCache = new UserCache(); // COPY (FUNC)
to
$GLOBALS['UserCache'] = new UserCache(); // COPY (FUNC)

That may still not work, because the "global" is still in place at the beginning of get_Cache, but give it a try.

Another option would be upgrading you php.. :/

I tried adding the line and still received the error. I don't have access to upgrade my PHP (my host is Go Daddy), but it is version 4.3.11.

16 Dec 15, 2007 16:00

blueyed wrote:

Please try replacing blogs/inc/_core/_class4.funcs.php with the file from http://codeprobe.de/tmp/_class4.funcs.php - which includes the clean patch for this.

When adding this file, I get this after logging in:

Notice: Undefined variable: UserCache in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 387
string(4) "NULL"
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2308

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2309

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2310

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php:387) in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2311

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 446

If I just try to navigate to the blog, I get this:

Notice: Undefined variable: UserCache in

/home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/inc/_main.inc.php on line 387
string(4) "NULL"
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/i/g/o/igorramone/html/blogs/index.php on line 59

17 Dec 17, 2007 01:45

So, it seems to be another issue than I've guessed.
Sorry, I cannot help here anymore. There's something strange going on here, but it's hard to debug through the forums.
Please contact your hosting company, this may be caused by a buggy version of Zend Optimizer or something alike.

18 Dec 18, 2007 06:40

This is an issue with the php settings on your webserver. I just noticed this when setting up b2evolution for my friend who was hosting with godaddy and got the error while my website also hosted with godaddy didn't. I was tired and didn't really feel like checking to see which setting fixed it but by uploading a php.ini file into my root directory with these settings:

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

it now works... my initial guess is it's something to do with zend

19 Dec 19, 2007 18:14

Thank you so much! This worked great!.

-Igor

20 Jan 07, 2008 08:50

i finally decided to take the dive and upgrade from 1.10.3 straight to the latest 2.3.0 RC yesterday... and now i've run into this same fatal error problem. the line it refers me to is different (446), but the parameter is the same:

$User = & $UserCache->get_by_login($login);

i've done some searching on the site, and it seems to be a fairly common upgrade problem. has anyone been able to pinpoint exactly what the issue is and what exactly fixes it? i tried the suggestion above, but maybe i didn't do it right (and copied and pasted verbatim in a file i created called 'php.ini' and placed it in the root directory of my blog). any help please?

as an additional note, i use hostrocket and my PHP version is 4.3.11, MySQL version 4.0.25-standard

Form is loading...