Recent Topics

1 May 19, 2004 14:59    

Blueyed is working on a migration script allowing to import MT blogs into b2evolution.

http://hahler.de/daniel/2004/05/18/migration_script_for_movable_type

Anyone interested in testing this asap, please let us know here ;)

2 May 20, 2004 08:30

woohoo, we have a release here.. :D

get it from CVS or [url=http://thequod.de/action?download=3]download here[/url].

Test it, test it and give feedback. I think you'll like it.. though it has no MySQL support yet. But I don't think we need this really.. B)

3 May 22, 2004 21:47

Hi :)

I'm testing this script localy with EasyPHP. I try to import the MT Entrys and get this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 167

And i'm using b2evo 0.9

Any clue on what is wrong?

Tahnx :)

4 May 22, 2004 22:04

Yeah, it's taking too long. If it's local, or you have access to your php.ini file online, you can check php.ini for this line:

max_execution_time = 30

Change that 30 to something bigger. Or, you could try putting this line someplace in the script itself:

@ini_set(max_execution_time, 60);

5 May 23, 2004 01:10

Thanx ;)

I put 90 seconds and still was not enough, so i put 500 and it worked, but...

In the next screen, appear a lot o this error:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 953

And under the errors, the options for import author and assign the categories appear normaly. I put the needed configurations, and

On the next screen, the same error appear some more and the categories are created normaly. But in every imported post, in the front is writen "User Ignored!".

On the midle appear another erros, like:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 544

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 567

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 568

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 532

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 538

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 544

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 567

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in c:\arquivos de programas\easyphp1-7\www\loompas\admin\import-mt.php on line 568

And finally, this message is show:

All done.
Have fun in your blogs or go to admin (it's fun there, too)

But there are no posts at all in the blog :(

sorry for the gigantic post and bad english, and thanx :)

6 May 25, 2004 20:27

v0.3 is out and much improved and more tested.

Please try it and give feedback..

same link.. [u]http://thequod.de/action?download=3[/u]

have fun!

7 May 27, 2004 01:20

blueyed wrote:

v0.3 is out and much improved and more tested.

Please try it and give feedback..

same link.. [u]http://thequod.de/action?download=3[/u]

have fun!

Here is some feedback. It worked flawlessly for me and my blog of over 200 entries. Well at least the import worked. I'm still going through and checking out some of the individual entries, but so far so good.

Great Work! Thanks, this will greatly help my evaluation of b2evo ;)

8 May 27, 2004 05:05

The script works perfectly now, imported all my 2010 posts in a record time :)

I found that the most part of the problems that i was having, was because of some comenters that put ------ in their URLs, messing all the import process...

The only problem now, is that the categories are duplicated. Thats because the file exported by MT, have this lines:

PRIMARY CATEGORY: Movies
CATEGORY: Movies

And this message appear in the importer:

Post imported successfully (maincat: Movies, extra cats: Movies)

But in the last case, that can be solved manually ;)

Thanx guys.

9 May 27, 2004 08:00

Great to hear that it's working for you, guys.. :)

@Tuego:

I found that the most part of the problems that i was having, was because of some comenters that put ------ in their URLs, messing all the import process...

That's been taken care of now, there were some small bugs with comments.

PRIMARY CATEGORY: Movies
CATEGORY: Movies

That should do no harm with your tables, but is taken care of now, too.

@btokarchuk:

I'm still going through and checking out some of the individual entries, but so far so good.

There will be errors for sure.

I've put 0.4b [url=http://thequod.de/action?download=3]online[/url].. lots of changes and additional fixes (to the one mentioned above).

We're targeting 0.9.0.5, so please test this as good as you can.. :D

10 May 28, 2004 06:12

blueyed wrote:

Great to hear that it's working for you, guys.. :)

@btokarchuk:

I'm still going through and checking out some of the individual entries, but so far so good.

There will be errors for sure.

Well, i went through it and i couldn't find any problems? is my blog layout that simple? heheh. Anyways, i tried the new script (0.4b) for good measure to see if it works as well and again i have little constructive testing input since it worked flawlessly.

So i'm doing a terrible job of testing ;) I'll keep my eyes peeled during my other blogs that I import and let you know if there were any errors.

A small bit of feedback, the UI in this version is much better than 0.3. I also like the three different modes too.

11 May 28, 2004 07:38

Slightly off topic here: Would any of the now ex MT users who have upgraded their template to work with b2evo want to write a guide for upgrading to b2evo from MT?

12 May 29, 2004 22:55

Graham wrote:

Slightly off topic here: Would any of the now ex MT users who have upgraded their template to work with b2evo want to write a guide for upgrading to b2evo from MT?

Continuing with the off topic...

Would be great if someone put a list of what every "b2 tag" do in the blog. I know that b2 doesn't have it's on tags, but you understand what i'm trying to say ;)

In MT is easy to know what $MTEntryTitle$ or $MTEntryBody$ does. In b2 is not that easy :(

I have figure out some tags by myself, but just the simple ones. :(

13 May 29, 2004 22:58

Tuego wrote:

Would be great if someone put a list of what every "b2 tag" do in the blog. I know that b2 doesn't have it's on tags, but you understand what i'm trying to say ;)

have you tried http://wiki.b2evolution.net/By_Purpose ?

16 Jun 13, 2004 13:00

Ok, I'm currently downloading MT 2.661, and I'm planning on writing a complete MT to b2evo tutorial (install, importing posts, upgrading the template), but to save me learning a completly new blogging app, I'd appreciated help from people who have already made the switch. If you could IM me any instant messenger information (msn, aim or yahoo), I'd really appreciate it.

17 Jun 13, 2004 16:37

Graham, you should talk to Terje on irc://irc.freenode.net/b2evolution

18 Jun 30, 2004 17:06

I could use some help importing my entries from mt to b2evo. I uploaded the import-mt.php script but when i run it, it tells me my b2 hasn't been configured yet. It has been configured, because I used an auto-installer to set it up.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

[u]Is there a specfic location I should be running the script from?[/u] Right now I'm running it from my blog/conf directory. When I ran it from my /blog directory it could not locate the /conf/configure.php file.

19 Jun 30, 2004 17:35

What version of b2evo are you using? I suspect it is outdated and does not support MT import.

The right way to go is to install the latest version of b2evo (0.9.08 oslo) and use the MT import script that is included, just by following the instructions that are included.

20 Jun 30, 2004 18:24

Jennatalia, with the release import-mt.php is in /admin and that's where you'll have to run it from..

21 Apr 05, 2005 20:59

I can't believe this thread is now defunct! No where online can I find the MovableType importer. If someone could be so kind to point me to the appropriate direction, then I would be immensely grateful!

thanks!

22 Apr 05, 2005 21:14

I know that it's built in to b2evolution 0.9.0.11 because I've used it. It works great, by the way. Just log in to the backoffice and go to the Tools tab. If you're using an older version and you don't see it under the Tools tab, then I'm not sure if there's a way to add it on. You may just want to upgrade.

23 Apr 05, 2005 21:16

Thank you so much, Personman! I should have explored the software more before I cry out for help.

24 Apr 05, 2005 21:20

As said, it's in the folder /blogs/admin of your b2evo installation (import-mt.php).
You can also access it through the admin / backoffice in the "Tools" menu.

*edit* been too slow.. ;)

Form is loading...