Recent Topics

1 Oct 31, 2007 15:21    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I've been having this problem for some time now and unfortunately I've not been able to reproduce it in a consistent way, so I don't know if it's a Firefox problem or what.

The thing is, sometimes the buttons in the quicktags bar in the backoffice editor stop working. No matter if I press the buttom or its correspoinding key shorcut (for instance Alt+B for inserting blockquote).

When I open Firefox's javascript error console, the message I see is this:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Window.b2evo_Callbacks

Reading around I learnt this error occurs when a window is trying to access a property from another window whose content comes from another host (see for instance [url=http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread92223.html]this discussion[/url]). But I'm always working in my own domain. So I don't see why this happens.

Normally I would close restart firefox, which makes me suspect the problem comes from Firefox, rather than from b2evolution. BTW, I'm in Linux and haven't tested the occurrence of this annoying thing in another browser or OS.

2 Jan 06, 2008 03:31

I've got exactly the same problem in Firefox with b2evo version 2.3.0.
I'm in Windows.

4 Jan 06, 2008 17:26

It's not so cool for me :), but I don't really care about this problem. It happens 2-3 times a month.

I just wanted to confirm/remind that the problem is not only in 1.xx

Thank you for reply.

5 Mar 04, 2008 16:47

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Window.b2evo_Callbacks

This is happening to me as well. It happens on and off though I can't pinpoint the cause.

I'm running 2.4.0 but I've noticed the behaviour (buttons in the Post Blog page of the admin interface don't add any HTML code to the post) from 1.10 and possibly before. This is the first I've looked at the error message though.

After reading the conversation at:
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13392

I restarted Firefox and all is good. It's weird though

6 Mar 05, 2008 08:40

Also, this happens with Firefox, anyone have seen this happening with another browser? It could be a firefox bug, for all we know.

Another thing, the only place where I have found anything related to this message is in [url=http://doc.b2evolution.net/HEAD/__filesource/fsource_plugins__blogsplugins_quicktags.plugin.php.html#a313]/plugins/_quick_tags.plugin.php[/url]:

/**
		 * insertion code
		 */
		function b2evoInsertTag( myField, i )
		{
			// we need to know if something is selected.
			// First, ask plugins, then try IE and Mozilla.
			var sel_text = b2evo_Callbacks.trigger_callback("get_selected_text_for_"+myField.id);
			var focus_when_finished = false; // used for IE

if( sel_text == null )
			{ // detect selection:
				//IE support
				if(document.selection)
				{
					myField.focus();
					var sel = document.selection.createRange();
					sel_text = sel.text;
					focus_when_finished = true;
				}
				//MOZILLA/NETSCAPE support
				else if(myField.selectionStart || myField.selectionStart == '0')
				{
					var startPos = myField.selectionStart;
					var endPos = myField.selectionEnd;
					sel_text = (startPos != endPos);
				}
			}

if( sel_text )
			{ // some text selected
				textarea_wrap_selection( myField, b2evoButtons[i].tagStart, b2evoButtons[i].tagEnd, 0 );
			}
			else
			{
				if( !b2evoCheckOpenTags(i) || b2evoButtons[i].tagEnd == '')
				{
					textarea_wrap_selection( myField, b2evoButtons[i].tagStart, '', 0 );
					b2evoAddTag(i);
				}
				else
				{
					textarea_wrap_selection( myField, '', b2evoButtons[i].tagEnd, 0 );
					b2evoRemoveTag(i);
				}
			}
			if(focus_when_finished)
			{
				myField.focus();
			}
		}

So, we need a javasript wizzard to step up and help here. I'm sorry to say I'm not one of them :(

7 Aug 05, 2008 23:29

A new "evidence" for someone interested in fixing this issue.

I'm running 2.4.2 and firefox 3.0.1 and the problem persists. Now, the difference is I have Firebug installed. So when I got the above mentioned error, I opened firebug console and typed: window.opener to see what tha object contained. To my surprise, the window object contained something from Google Reader I had opened in another tab. Closing that tab (the one containing Google Reader) allowed the buttons in the editor to work again.

Next task for me: determine if every time the editor buttons stop working I have a tab with google reader open (very likely, since I have almost always Google Reader open).

I will post back to this thread when I have more info on this bug, which smells like a Gecko bug

8 Aug 06, 2008 00:25

If you ever can pinpoint such a bug you're gonna be famous :p

9 Jan 05, 2009 20:13

I had reported this in another thread, as a number of other people did. It happens in Opera also, and that bit about hosts sounds sound (pun) because the quicktags button always work for me in IE6, but don't work from a write post window open in Opera or Firefox with the bookmarklet plugin, UNLESS the link I am posting about (this is, the page from where I clicked the bookmarklet button) is located on my own site, or to put it another way, on the same host as b2evolution. I suspect the plugin takes something for granted about the host that IE gets by default and the other browsers don't.

10 Apr 30, 2009 17:24

Just for kicks, try changing this section of /rsc/js/functions.js ( approx 223 )

if( window.opener
//		&& window.opener.b2evo_Callbacks
		&& ( typeof window.opener.b2evo_Callbacks != "undefined" ) )
	{ // callback in parent document (e.g. "Files" popup)
		if( window.opener.b2evo_Callbacks.trigger_callback( "wrap_selection_for_"+myField.id, hook_params ) )
		{
			return;
		}
	}

¥

Form is loading...