Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2007 17:04    

I am currently working on a site which has a blog add-on. My question is, will I be able to set the login page as the default page as soon as the url is opened? so members only could see/read thru the blogs, and for non-members also to register?

If so, will I be able to customize the login page? Like change the logo and contents, etc?

I'm not a web programmer, I have little knowledge about programming. I just do web design, but then I was tasked to do this. And this is my first time to setup a server/add-on's and the like.

I read thru the manual but the post regarding the login form isn't available anymore.

Hope to hear from someone soon, thanks! :)

2 Nov 27, 2007 17:11

crack open conf/_basic.config.php and add the following line just below the first <?php

$login_required = true;

¥

3 Nov 28, 2007 03:48

Ok. Will try that. Thanks.

4 Nov 28, 2007 04:05

Is there any guide for this here in the forums?

5 Dec 04, 2007 03:50

@ ¥åßßå:

¥åßßå wrote:

crack open conf/_basic.config.php and add the following line just below the first <?php

PHP:
$login_required = true;

¥

The login screen has a Register link. I cannot register. I need to login before I can register. Can you think of a way to bypass this? I tried

$login_required = false; 

in register.php but B2evo is too smart for that.

--ƒ

6 Dec 05, 2007 01:04

Hi sanasanz,

This seems to work in my test environment: www.dev.hemminga.net/1103 . What I did is:
- remove the $login_required = true; from, ../blogs/conf/_basic.conf.php
- add $login_required = true; to ../blogs/index.php
Now the login screen has no link to the registration form, but you can
- manually add a link to YOURSITE/htsrv/register.php as in www.dev.hemminga.net/1103/htsrv/register.php .

You should test it thoroughly since I am not sure there are no backdoors to get to the site. It also depends how secure you want the site to be. Is it "as secure as the Bank of England" or "I'd rather see they login first, but if they don't, who cares."

Bear in mind the blog software was never intended to hide things. Blogs are there to get things out in the open. But I understand your request and that's why I take it seriously.

If you have subsequent questions, please let us know.

Good luck

7 Dec 05, 2007 02:31

Thanks so much! :) I'll try this :)

8 Dec 05, 2007 22:34

Is it working as expected?

Good luck

9 Dec 06, 2007 02:26

Yes it works! :) thanks thanks! :)

10 Nov 16, 2008 23:48

Afwas,
I just want to say "Thank You" for your information. I had exactly the same need. I added the one line you suggested and it worked perfectly. As you are aware, problems don't usually work out this easily.
Thanks, again.

11 Jan 18, 2009 03:28

Hello.

Thanks for this thread.

I just finished a routine that takes how you said to apply '$login_required' to 'index.php' and expanded it to any blog by putting a routine and condition statements in 'inc/_blog_main.inc.php'. I have a new param in Blog Settings Features that toggles this value.

Thanks again.

12 Jan 18, 2009 08:01

You *really* don't need to hack the core, use a plugin and save yourself a world of pain when you upgrade ;)

¥

Form is loading...