Recent Topics

1 Apr 16, 2010 09:08    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I get "Sorry, there is nothing to display..." when clicking on Read More. I believe I'm having a similar problem as this:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=18782&highlight=read+sorry+display

but I can't find the problem. The problem can be seen here: http://adollartosavetheworld.com/blog1.php/about/

help anyone?

2 Apr 16, 2010 12:11

hi Ethan5150

can you go to Blog Settings > SEO > Single post pages / "Permalink" pages Help

then try another paramlinks lets see what happens.

3 Apr 17, 2010 05:03

I'm not sure what you're asking. In SEO under Single Post Pages / "Permalink" pages currently "Use extra-path: year, month & day" is checked as well as both "Make canonical" boxes just below.

4 Apr 17, 2010 05:17

Can you try to select any of those radio buttons in Single Post Pages

5 Apr 18, 2010 00:11

I've gone through and selected most of the options with no effect.

6 Apr 18, 2010 22:16

Ethan5150 wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Hi all!

When I click on Read More, I can read my whole post BUT at the place I've inserted <!--more--> I see 2 words "Follow Up" :roll: .

My question is How I can make them ("Follow UP") disappeared ?

Many thanks!

8 Apr 18, 2010 22:24

Hi "abcd",
Try searching the forums with that handy lil search link that we have in our "header".

If that fails then feel free to create a new thread for your problem ;)

¥

9 Apr 19, 2010 03:55

Ok...well we still have apparently gotten nowhere with regard to my original question... help anyone?

11 Apr 19, 2010 19:56

When you click on Read more it shows the rest of the article?! It certainly doesn't work for me...in any browser... It just says "Sorry, there is nothing to display..."

13 Apr 20, 2010 12:49

have you renamed your htaccess yet ?

try renaming htaccess-sample to .htaccess in your root directory

15 Apr 21, 2010 06:17

On the SEO or URLs tab (one of those...) pick all the radio button options with parameters instead of anything that/has/fake/folder/path/stuff. The guess is that your server is not into doing 'pretty' URLs, so the test and solution is to get away from those URLs and go back to ?parameters=with_values type of stuff.

Apparently typing that is difficult.

16 Apr 21, 2010 09:04

I've tried about every combination of these on both the URL and SEO pages with no luck. This is driving me nuts...I can't understand why I would be having a problem as seemingly stupid as this...ugh... I appreciate everyone's efforts though.

17 Apr 21, 2010 09:56

Ethan5150 wrote:

There's already a .htaccess file in my root directory...

maybe but is it the renamed htaccess-sample ? If not, try renaming your existing .htaccess file to htaccess-backup and rename the htaccess-sample to .htaccess as i ve said earlier.

Your hosting can not redirect url's to new ones.Try using variable ID for single post urls

(use variable: PostID Example:
http://www.domain.com/index.php?p=123&more=1 )

18 Apr 21, 2010 20:52

I don't have a .htaccess-sample in any of my folders...is there somewhere I should download this file from?

19 Apr 22, 2010 18:40

Just for kicks, edit your about post and remove "-me" from the url

¥

20 Apr 22, 2010 19:30

No dice

I even tried going into URLs and SEO and changing the Single Post Pages to Param instead of Extra Path while the post was changed to "about" (which I'll leave it set to) with no luck. This is driving me crazy...totally holding up launch. Someone suggested it may be a hosting problem...should I talk to them? If so, what do I say?

21 Apr 22, 2010 20:42

Was a tad "shot from the blue", about the best I can guess at with a "crystal ball". Personally I'd need an admin && ftp login so I could rummage around and stuff, until then it's got me beat so lets hope someone wanders along that has the answer

¥

22 Apr 24, 2010 21:42

Anyone else care to take a stab at this? This is killing me...

23 Apr 25, 2010 10:13

Ok, managed to get time to wander through your files, your problem is caused because you specify a cat in blog1.php ;)

# First, select which blog you want to display here!
# You can find these numbers in the back-office under the Blogs section.
# You can also create new blogs over there. If you do, you may duplicate this file for the new blog.
$blog = 1;
$cat = 15;

¥

24 Apr 25, 2010 14:56

i dont like cats.. all the hissing and stuff |:

25 Apr 25, 2010 20:31

First of all, thank you so much for your help. That solved that problem but unfortunately created another. Now, when I go to my website it doesn't default to the home page. I believe that is why that cat line was in there. Is there another way to make my page default to the home page when it's opened?

26 Apr 26, 2010 15:46

Put all your other posts in a different blog and then delete that line from your stub file

¥

27 Apr 26, 2010 19:10

There's not an easier way? I'm not even sure I know how to do that and maintain continuity throughout the site...

To be clear, I just want my /home page (my "home" category) to be the home page

...update - I'm creating a new post for this new problem.

Form is loading...