Recent Topics

1 Oct 28, 2005 18:19    

Requesting abuse list from b2evolution.net...

Latest update timestamp: 2005-10-15 04:43:20
Remote error: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found) (5)

Done.

Below is what I have in my _advanced.php config file...

// ----- CHANGE THE FOLLOWING ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! -----
$use_cache = 1;                          // Not using this will dramatically overquery the DB !
$sleep_after_edit = 0;                   // let DB do its stuff...
$evonetsrv_host = 'b2evolution.net';
$evonetsrv_port = 80;
$evonetsrv_uri = '/evonetsrv/xmlrpc.php';

I even tried the URL to the blacklist in my web browser, it produces a 404 error.

2 Oct 28, 2005 18:21

Latest update timestamp: 2005-10-27 06:58:34
Remote error: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found) (5)

Yep, I'm getting it as well

3 Oct 29, 2005 09:10

Me too since earlier this evening.

4 Oct 29, 2005 10:00

not a bug. it means the server was down. 200 is an apache message that says everything went ok.

(moved the thread)

5 Oct 29, 2005 10:03

ah ok. Well as of about 20 minutes ago or so it is still down.

6 Oct 29, 2005 14:46

Are there any plans to fix the problem?

7 Oct 29, 2005 19:30

No, i think they will just let thousands of people wonder whats up, and come here to post about it over and over and again, instead of searching and seeing that there are 10 other threads saying exacty the same thing

Seriously, do you really need an answer to that question, OF COURSE its going to be fixed.

I have made a global announcement about this. Updating the status on a minute basis wont help.

8 Oct 30, 2005 21:04

Because replying to the global announcement is turned off and there are no other threads here that are clearly about this problem I'm going to start one.

So the antispam blacklist has been down for three days which is an eternity on the internet. What the error means is pretty clear to me... the http://b2evolution.net/evonetsrv/xmlrpc.php page is not on the server anymore (hence the 404) the questions here are 1) why? what happened? 2) what can we do to get it working again and 3) how can this be prevented in the future. The blacklist is obviously a critical part of the b2 antispam arcitecture and without it antispam capabilities are severely crippled. Just a quick post to let us know what's going on would be appreciated. From my experience I can say that communicating with users when things are broken is key to retaining them.

9 Oct 30, 2005 21:38

Ah, that explains my post in another thread about file not found errors, which are also the error you encountered. Ach. not a good situation.

10 Oct 31, 2005 00:56

According to this locked thread, someone mentioned that AntiSpam Central Blacklist Retrival Bug (HTTP 404) isn't working correctly.

As of today at 5:45 PM, I still see this message when I click to update blacklist.

Is anyone still working on it? If so, what's the status?

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=5914

gwlj

11 Oct 31, 2005 01:27

In my best humor>>

You tried it, it didnt work. I imagine that means its still broke.

Francios is the one who needs to address this.

12 Oct 31, 2005 10:44

It is still not working...

Someone should inform the related perdon. Its better this should be the adminm of this forum.

13 Oct 31, 2005 11:26

huh?

francois has an email address available on his web site @ http://fplanque.net/

You can be that someone. Its is not MY responsibilty to notify Francois of anything related to the remote functions of b2evolution and for all the posts to the forum that have been made about this you would have better served to have simply sent a quick email.

I understand that the error might be frustrating, but any more posts that simply confirm that this isnt working "yet" will just be deleted. There is nothing served by them.

14 Nov 01, 2005 04:00

I get the "Remote error: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found) (5)" when I post to my blog. In the pingback to b2evo there is the error.

Any ideas?

15 Nov 01, 2005 06:49

BenFranske,

There are TWO other threads which are clearly about this problem, and as I stated in those threads AND the global announce (which, btw, I posted due their being THREE OTHER threads, at the time, saying EXACTLY the same thing), there is NOTHING myself, or Topanga, or Ed, or personamn, etc... can do.

Rather than post here, SEND AN EMAIL TO FRANCOIS.

Edit:

I have merged the two topics adressing this into one. I am also unlocking this, in the hopes that ya'll can keep it to one thread and SAVE me the hassle of merging topics. Any subsequent posts made outside of this thread regarding this will just be tacked onto this one in no particular order.

I am going to stress again that though I understand the frustration, posting here isnt the solution until Francois responds.

16 Nov 02, 2005 00:42

Francois does not wish to receive private messages.
If this is forums related please contact whoo.
If this is about b2evolution please post on the forums.

:crazy:

17 Nov 02, 2005 01:52

Well said. I should tell you though that I am the one that wrote that. :)

18 Nov 02, 2005 08:10

Via a pm I was actually given a heads up as to what has caused this (or so I believe) however since I cannot confirm the info via Francois or anyone else, for that matter, I am not at liberty to explain anything.
However, let me say one thing -- those of you that feel the need to rail against this, complain here, etc.. feel free -- Im not going to jump in your way

Youre entitled.

20 Nov 02, 2005 13:07

whoo wrote:

Via a pm I was actually given a heads up as to what has caused this (or so I believe) however since I cannot confirm the info via Francois or anyone else, for that matter, I am not at liberty to explain anything.
However, let me say one thing -- those of you that feel the need to rail against this, complain here, etc.. feel free -- Im not going to jump in your way

Youre entitled.

The plot thickens.....

21 Nov 03, 2005 00:28

It's working again...

Maybe someday someone will post the storey behind this little saga :)

22 Nov 21, 2005 03:03

And now it's gone again !! :)

edit: just went back on

23 May 05, 2006 15:51

Is anyone else getting this again when requesting abuse update from centralized blacklist?

0.9.x reports:

Requesting abuse list from b2evolution.net...

Latest update timestamp: 2006-04-30 18:07:14

Done.

And the Phoenix Alpha tells me:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/demen2/public_html/evocore/_misc.funcs.php on line 693

Form is loading...