- Missing "edit" and "unsubscribe" Links in Campaign Mails
- Problem in Deleting a Category
#1 May 04, 2019 00:13
My objective was to create a development instance of b2evo on my Windows 7, IIS 7.5 server. The longer term objective was to develop a blog to be hosted on Bluehost php 7.2.17 server. and MySQl 5.6.41-84.1+. In order to minimize problems, I made my local machine match Bluehost settings. I am fully aware that b2evo is not designed to run successfully on this platform...but I persisted. This has worked for me with nominal issues. Here goes:
- My first attempt was to install b2evo 6.10.8 using the automated install. This failed with an error saying the MySQl schema was out of date. This install failed at that point.
- I then installed b2evo 6.7.4. that version was selected because it was released shortly after the MySql version was released. It succeeded up until I tried to create a post. At that point I had error messages about deprecated functions. I expected this. I observed that the MySQL schema and table had been created.
- I then created a folder with b2evo with version 6.10.8 in it.
- I then ran the install (install.php)
- The install asked it I wanted to update or install anew. I chose update. It installed.
- I ran index.php in the main folder and was told that no pages had been created. There was a button to go to create a page.
- The page was created and the admin console came up.
I have been playing and learning with it all day, with no errors. Feel free to contact, if needed.
|Name of your webhost :||localhost|