1 Dec 14, 2020 05:56
Just checking what I think should be simple (just in case it's not).
I want to move the blog from the root directory to a sub-directory, so from something like /index.php to /blog/index.php.
What I'm thinking of doing, as I need to upgrade as well, is
- unpack the new version into the required directory
- point the new version to the old database
- run the update
- remove the previous files
Is it as easy as that?
3 Dec 14, 2020 13:49
Hope all has gone simply, just to say I would
- Update current version to 7.2.2 which will update database. > Export database as backup anyway.
- Install new 7.2.2 wherever and link to or import database.
The only issues I have are a
- keeping old config file if you don't have details of database
- Moving all /media directory
- Hope all links in database are relative not absolute. I have often opened the exported database with a basic file editor and replaced [https://mydomain.xx/media/] with [https://mydomain.xx/blogxx/meadia]
4 Dec 14, 2020 16:24
I am also wondering why no dev is showing up in this forum since a while.
I am also concerned (to even think about) if b2e is dying.
Looking on the bright side, maybe they are just busy :) which of course can be a bit sad if peer to peer support isn't good enough :(
b2evo can't die lol and I doubt the devs are dying though they may be exhausted
This post has 3 feedbacks awaiting moderation...