Recent Topics

1 Jan 02, 2007 06:01    

Okay...when I go to the backoffice and click the "blog settings" tab and then click the blog I want to view or change settings on I get a "page not found error." Here is a copy of the link it is trying to find:

http://admin.php/?ctrl=collections&action=edit&blog=1

Of course, that won't show anything since it is missing my domain name (theparchment.org) prior to the //admin...part of the url. If I supply that manually I get where I want to go. A friend of mine is also running the same skin (Crystal Glass) and using version 1.8.6 as I am and he has the same issue.

Thoughts?

2 Jan 02, 2007 17:27

re4med wrote:

Okay...when I go to the backoffice and click the "blog settings" tab and then click the blog I want to view or change settings on I get a "page not found error." Here is a copy of the link it is trying to find:

http://admin.php/?ctrl=collections&action=edit&blog=1

Of course, that won't show anything since it is missing my domain name (theparchment.org) prior to the //admin...part of the url. If I supply that manually I get where I want to go. A friend of mine is also running the same skin (Crystal Glass) and using version 1.8.6 as I am and he has the same issue.

Thoughts?

And it's not just the blog settings tabs, but a large number of places in backoffice now refer you to //admin.php rather than blog.address//admin.php as it should.

Todd

3 Jan 03, 2007 03:57

I am having the exact same problem.

I just upgraded from 1.82 to 1.86 and am having problems with my back office tabs just like you guys posted above.

I have to manually modify the url when switching from comments, to post list, to full posts.

Please, Please, Please, someone address this issue.

I too am using the crystal glass skin.

www.thechumslick.com

4 Jan 03, 2007 10:18

Crack open conf/_basic_config.php and check that your $baseurl doesn't end with // instead of a single /

¥

5 Jan 03, 2007 15:20

¥åßßå wrote:

Crack open conf/_basic_config.php and check that your $baseurl doesn't end with // instead of a single /

¥

That's all well and good... but why was this changed in the upgraded files? I made the change as a check, and it seems to have restored functionality (which makes sense). Clearly this is something everyone who is using crystalglass (at least) will have to do.

T

6 Jan 03, 2007 16:17

I have an unmodified 1.8.6 installation and can not duplicate this problem with this skin. Skins don't change the $baseurl setting, so it makes sense that this is not related to the skin. In fact skins don't have anything to do with the back office, so ... The $baseurl field has expected a trailing slash ever since the end of the 0.9.* series of releases. There is a significant problem with that skin, but I can't see how this problem (links missing the domain part) with this solution (remove an extra trailing slash) can be associated with this skin.

BTW the problem users of this skin should fix is in the _lastcomments.php and _profile.php files. There you will see the following line:

if( !defined('DB_USER') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

Replace that with this line:

if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

7 Jan 04, 2007 05:51

Thanks for the response guys...

I'm happy it worked.

8 May 06, 2007 19:08

I'm bumping this thread because I had the same problem with my most recent upgrade, for some reason the crystal glass skin still has that weird double backslash bug.

9 May 06, 2007 23:51

SKINS do not affect your conf/_basic_config.php file.

Can you show the code in that skin that you think did this?

10 May 07, 2007 02:13

I'm not sure. All I know is that the past two times I've upgraded using fantastico...My tabs in the backoffice started acting funny. When I remove the extra backslash as stated in the config fix, it all goes back to normal...

Maybe a better coder could help answer the question better.

11 May 07, 2007 15:51

Ah that helps. "Fantastico is doing something funny" would seem to be a fair answer at this point. The thing is that skins simply don't have any chance to alter that setting. Any of them actually, so it had to be something else.

Now I should try to find time to make a 0.9.2 installation and convince Fantastico that IT made it, then ask it to upgrade. Hopefully this will show me that Fantastico is the culprit here. It won't provide a solution, but having information is a good thing.

BTW I always install with Fantastico. I've never used it to upgrade, so this is something I personally never would have experienced. Thanks for the (important?) clue!!!

Form is loading...