Recent Topics

1 Jan 02, 2007 06:12    

I switched over to the latest version and had to download a new skin and I'm getting this error on my posts for displaying trackbacks:

Notice: Undefined variable: disp_trackbacks in /hermes/web05/b742/pow.adamsweb/htdocs/blog/skins/_feedback.php on line 63

Notice: Undefined variable: disp_pingbacks in /hermes/web05/b742/pow.adamsweb/htdocs/blog/skins/_feedback.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined variable: disp_trackback_url in /hermes/web05/b742/pow.adamsweb/htdocs/blog/skins/_feedback.php on line 76

My skin is Nautica Gold. I do need to be able to view Trackbacks and the Trackback URL. How do I fix this?

My blog's URL is http://www.adamsweb.us/blog

Secondly, how do I require registration to post comments in the new version of B2. (I'd had it set up in 0.9 but I'm sure the process changed).

Third, my tag line at the top of my posts isn't visible in my template. I've tried reducing the font size by changing from h1 to h2 but when I do that, the graphic shrinks.

Thanks.

3 Jan 02, 2007 15:13

1) I tried it and it didn't work.

2) The other one I'll check once I get my Plug-ins are working.

3) I see what you're saying. It just doesn't display particularly well in my browser, but it may just be MSN explorer. Mozilla displays it fine.

4 Jan 02, 2007 15:35

Did you undo the changes after you tried? I ask because your source still shows this :-

<link rel="pingback" href="<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined property:  pingback_url in <b>/hermes/web05/b742/pow.adamsweb/htdocs/blog/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobject.class.php</b> on line <b>461</b><br />
" />

Which is the first thing that should have been corrected by the changes.

To get your plugins to work you need to add the ini_set("memory_limit","12M"); line to your conf/_config.php file (just after the <?php line)

You might find that curing the "undefined property" error also helps clear your display problems in msn explorer ...... but don't quote me on that one as I personally think the only cure is to shoot every version of explorer in existence ;)

¥

5 Jan 02, 2007 16:23

Thanks for your helpe. my remaining issue is that the code given sets it so comments and Trackbacks don't display. I want them to display.

6 Jan 02, 2007 17:20

Ooops, looks like I missed a bit out off the skin changes instructions :p ( I'm blonde, make allowances).

In _main.php, find a piece of code that looks similar to this and change it :-

<?php
			// ------------- START OF INCLUDE FOR COMMENTS, TRACKBACK, PINGBACK, ETC. -------------
			$disp_comments = 1;					// Display the comments if requested
			$disp_comment_form = 1;			// Display the comments form if comments requested
			$disp_trackbacks = 1;				// Display the trackbacks if requested

$disp_trackback_url = 1;		// Display the trackbal URL if trackbacks requested
			$disp_pingbacks = 1;				// Display the pingbacks if requested
			require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_feedback.php' );
			// -------------- END OF INCLUDE FOR COMMENTS, TRACKBACK, PINGBACK, ETC. --------------

locale_restore_previous();	// Restore previous locale (Blog locale)
		?>

I've updated my blog post to include it ..... tad late, but better than never :p

¥

7 Jan 02, 2007 18:46

The code I inserted was pretty much what was there previously and I still don't see the Trackbacks or comments.

8 Jan 03, 2007 10:06

I've just been to look at your blog and it appears that you have them working now :D

¥

Form is loading...