Recent Topics

1 Jan 03, 2007 04:21    

Hi,

I have noticed that if I search for a post in my blog in Google, the post can be found, but it is never listed as a permalink. Instead, it is listed either by category or by monthly archive. This does find the listing, but the problem is that all articles appear on one long page. Thus lets say I post 30 times in October and someone searches for the 1st post. They will find it in the October archive, but the October archive will list 30th post first and so the person will have scroll through the last 29 posts before they find the one they are looking for. This is not a particularly efficient way to allow people to find what they are looking for. What I would prefer would be for the search result to take them to the specific page that they are searching for rather than a broad archive. Is this doable? Is there a setting that I can change to enable this or is it just the way b2e and/or good works? As an FYI, my blog is located at http://www.livens.org.

TIA

Edit: I changed the URLs generated by b2e in the settings. It previously had the an individual php page with many query strings and now uses standard links with many slashes. Could this be why I was experiencing the search results above?

2 Jan 03, 2007 10:14

This happens to me with Yahoo Searches...

My Google searches are fine though. Have you tried setting up your URL posts to be called up by their URL Title?

Go to admin/app settings/general

Post called up by its URL title (Recommended)Fallback to ID when no URL title available.

Form is loading...