Recent Topics

1 Jan 26, 2007 04:07    

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to get text to start wrapping all the way to the right once the right column in a two-column layout ends. See:

http://www.autodogmatic.com/index.php/pages/2006/01/25/test

Basically, once the right column ends, I'm trying to have the text start going all the way over. Does anyone know how to make this work? I have a feeling the solution isn't complicated, but I'm nevertheless stumped. Every time I change the width on the body, it doesn't do any good.

Thoughts?

2 Jan 26, 2007 04:37

Instead of making your main column first you make your sidebar first. It gets it's width value in your style sheet and floats right, so it follows those instructions. Your main section gets full width and floats left. So it uses up as much space as it can beginning with the upper left corner. If it passes the end of the sidebar it'll keep taking up full width, only now it's wider than it was.

That, in a nutshell, is it.

3 Jan 26, 2007 04:59

Huh ... for some reason, the divs stack now.

5 Jan 26, 2007 20:02

Well, london didn't really give me much, unfortunately. BUT, after deleting everything in the bpost css style and ultimately just adding a margin style, it worked. I tried a process of elimination no one thing seemed to be the problem. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Form is loading...