Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2007 12:07    

I'm having the following problem:

I log in to my admin area (I'm the admin of the site). I do what I have to do. Then, when I want to log out I click on the log out button in the top right hand corner.

But I don't get logged out. I keep getting sent back to the admin area. I've tried to hover the mouse on the log out button to see the script and this is what is written in my browser:

[my site]/b2/htsrv/login.php?action=logout&redirect_to=http://[my site]/b2/admin.php

I have to click on exit to blogs and then on the logout button I find on that blog to be logged out! Otherwise I am always in my admin area!

What must I do?

When this started I also got some other problems:

1)I have the autoblog plugin installed and it works just fine. But now, when I register a new user through the register page, and then validate the email through the link in the service email that is sent to the user, instead of getting the user's blog coming up, I get the following:

Index of /b2/u/(username)
Name Last modified Size Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parent Directory 30-Jan-2007 05:10 -

It's a white page, something like a copy of a directory, etc. I'm a beginner so I don't really know what's happening.

2) sometimes when I click on a blog, from inside my admin area, the address I'm sent to is:

[my site]/b2/index.php/a

What's that? What's that 'a'?

Please help!!

I need babytalk as I'm a beginner...

Thanks in advance.

Just to add that I installed two plugins in the meantime: the smilies one and the BBCode one. And this was done just before these problems.

I'm forced to edit this message as I come up with more details about the problem.
1)I log in to my admin area
2)I work
3)I click on the log out button
4)I do not get logged out. I'm always in my admin area
5)If I click on another tab (e.g. users) I get logged out
- And let's say that I've just logged in and am moving about inmy admin panel, if I move to another tab in my admin area (e.g. plugins) and try to log out FROM THAT PAGE, I am taken to my main admin panel (the write, post, page, etc.).
-If I then try to logout from the admin panel I get stuck in the admin panel and I am not logged out.

2 Feb 03, 2007 07:47

I would really need some help with this. I think it's just a fix to implement in the script somewhere... but I am a beginner so I wouldn't know what to do.

Anyone?

Thanks a lot.

To the forum moderators: I apologise for bumping this message up again.

3 Feb 03, 2007 08:03

No worries there friend. What version are you running? What skin are you using? What other plugins have you installed? Have you crafted a fancy .htaccess file? Have you tried clearing the cookies b2evolution sets for you domain, or possibly seeing what happens in a different browser?

Got a link we can see?

Here's an idea for you to help us baseline this problem: remove (or at the very least) disable all plugins that are not part of the official distribution, change all your blogs to use the custom skin, and make sure any other unique file thingies are removed or temporarily disabled. Then see if the problem is still there.

Oh on the "what's the 'a' thing" it's simple: that's the default value for both a blog stub and blog url (or something like that) for your blog #2. Therefore it's a good idea to check all your initial blogs and see that all the settings are things you'd approve of and accept as 'good'.

4 Feb 03, 2007 11:50

Thanks for stopping by EDB.

I'll check what you said and get back.

Thanks once again.

5 Feb 05, 2007 09:43

EDB: I'm using the 1.8.2 version with its default skin.

I installed the autoblog plugin, the BBCode plugin, the smilies plugin and the antispam plugin - or was the antispam one already installed - I can't remember.

Anyway, the autoblog plugin gave me no problems at all. I recently installed the others.

Following your advice I have uninstalled the similies, the BBCode and the antispam plugins. But I still have the problem - I do not get logged out immediately.

I haven't ever touched any other files (I am not able - and maybe that's good, I suppose).

The blog settings seem to be all okay.

I'll try with another browser asap.

By the way, I cleaned Internet Explorer of cookies and all other content connected to the session, etc. but to no avail.

I have just tried with Mozilla firefox, and I do not have any problmes - i.e. I get logged out immediately!

Why?

Thanks again.

Form is loading...