Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2007 18:10    

When you open a Permalink, you encounter a Title That says "Post Details: ..." plus the Post's title and then the Post Title again in the main area.

Is that really neccessary? Is it important for SEO or any other purposes? Can it be disabled without danger or diminishing the blogs function's?

If it doesn't represent any danger AT ALL, how can it be disabled?

Thanks!

2 Feb 04, 2007 20:28

That comes from your skins/yourskin/_main.php file as part of the "request_title" function. You can make it not do titles on single post pages with a very simple hack. In that file find something very much like this:

<?php
   // ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
   request_title( '<h2>', '</h2>' );
   // ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------
?> 

Change it to this:

<?php
   // ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
if( $disp != 'single' ) {
   request_title( '<h2>', '</h2>' );
}
   // ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------
?>

3 Feb 05, 2007 23:34

Thanks EdB!

In my humble opinion it should be like this by default. I don't understand why the Title has to repeat it self twice. I guess there must be some use for it, but I don't get it.

Anyway, with your hack now it is like I want it.

Thanks again!

Form is loading...