Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2007 17:47    

If this has been written about somewhere else, my excuses, I didn't find it.

I want to use the Blog All or BlogAll as my default Blog or main page, but I don't want to have in that main page (BlogAll) the posts or LInks I put into the linkblog.

I want the Linkblog to appear in the sidebar menu as Linkblog, but I don't want them to appear as posts in the Blog All. Is that possible?

I really hope its possible and relatively easy to accomplish.

Thanks to whoever can help.

2 Feb 05, 2007 11:20

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = & $MainList->get_item() )
	{
	if( $blog == 1 and in_array( $Item->main_cat_ID, array( 5, 98, 191, 312, 311, 171, 176) ) )
		continue;
	?>

3 Feb 05, 2007 13:03

Thanks Topanga but I must ask you to excuse my ignorance and tell me where should I put that code into.

Best Regards

4 Feb 05, 2007 16:24

in _main.php

Look for the first line, and just add the second line

5 Feb 28, 2007 00:34

Topanga wrote:

if( isset($MainList) ) while( $Item = & $MainList->get_item() )
	{
	if( $blog == 1 and in_array( $Item->main_cat_ID, array( 5, 98, 191, 312, 311, 171, 176) ) )
		continue;
	?>

That looks incredibly awkward to me. Could you please explain what all those numbers mean?

Thanx in advance,
Sebastián

7 Feb 28, 2007 19:03

Topanga wrote:

They are just category numbers

Sorry for bothering again, but --does this mean that you must alter that code every time you add or delete a category?

8 Feb 28, 2007 23:46

And how many times do you add a category in your linkblog ?
To me that amount seems very limited

9 Mar 01, 2007 21:32

Topanga wrote:

And how many times do you add a category in your linkblog ?
To me that amount seems very limited

You're right, of course. But now --how do I know which are the numbers for each category? The interface doesn't show them.

10 Apr 27, 2007 00:09

Go to your Categories tab, select your linkblog, and run your mouse over each category name. The cat_ID will show up at the bottom of your browser window because it's part of the link.

11 Apr 27, 2007 11:22

General question on this issue: Why do you hide blogs by category? (cf. http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3591 also)

If someone creates a new cat on the hidden blog, you have to update your array of hidden cats.

So why not looking up the ID of the blog the current item belongs to and exclude by blog ID like this:

$excluded_blog_ID = array(2,11,42); // can be put in a config file?
    // Define List of blogs to be excluded from blog all
    if ($blog == 1 && in_array($Item->blog_ID,$excluded_blog_ID ) == true){  
    // if we are on blog all and the blog ID of the current
    // item is on the exclusion list do nothing 
    }
else { //otherwise show item
         // put the normal stuff here
       }// close bracket before END OF POSTS bracket

(note: I'm not a programmer, please don't blame me for weird code ;) )

12 Apr 27, 2007 17:51

Because posts aren't in blogs - they're in cats and cats are in blogs. If you think about it a bit it'll make sense. Else how could you post something in multiple blogs?

Form is loading...