Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2007 17:37    

I am using FireFox 1.5.0.9. I have recently upgraded from B2E 1.8.5 to 1.9.2 and now can not log in with my admin account.

Actually I only have one account and I know I am not mis-typing the password. I even try and have it send me my password as if I did lose it. No email ever arrives.

Does the upgrade reset the admin password or account? I get no error, when I click "Login" the screen refreshes and nothing happens, my username and password remain in the window.

I have even tried using IE to login with the exact same results.

2 Feb 06, 2007 18:07

When I do try and log in, and it fails I notice that my URL has "htsrv/login.php" apended.

I've gone to www.mydomain/blog/admin.php even and tried it and when it fails it always go to: www.mydomain/blog/htsrv/login.php

I don't know. I am afraid I will just reinstall, see if I can reload my current blogs and NEVER upgrade again.

Or, just go with a different blog script. *sigh*

4 Feb 07, 2007 07:25

No, no link. Besides, it would have just shown you the login screen. I never got an error or anything. In my Installitron it would show my install of B2E as needing to be upgraded even after I already had, so I went with another script. I moved the B2E files over and installed Wordpress instead. I will test this one for a bit.

Thanks for the interest though.

I am just starting my web pages really, so I just backed up the database so I can get my blogs and tried a different script.

www.world-wizardry.com if you want to see my home site.

5 Feb 07, 2007 09:40

That happened for me as well, 0.9 to 1.8 to 1.9. I found out I was putting in the new username and password that the setup gave me, and then for some odd reason it was wanting my old username and password when the blog was setup on 0.9. Maybe because it was taking some settings from the restoring of the old database. Try your old user/pass out and see how you go.

6 Feb 07, 2007 12:44

I'm confused. When you upgrade your installation it should NOT give you a new username and password. That only happens when you do a new installation. Upgrading (selected with a radio button) will eventually tell you that you can log in with your existing username and password.

7 Feb 07, 2007 15:46

I tried the default admin, my old admin, and even my current admin username and password.
I even went into the database and changed the password there using MyPHPAdmin and still got no results.
Even when I just threw random words at it, the screen would simply refresh and give no error. That's when I noticed it was always going to the htsrv folder. I had a back up of my old install and that folder did have a lot more files in it than the last install.

It could be something with Installitron messing something up during the upgrade process. Like I said, even after the first attempt was said it was done upgrading and said it was successful, my script list would always say that my blog needed to be upgraded to the current 1.9.2 version.

8 Feb 11, 2007 03:31

I'm experiencing the same problem with an upgrade from 1.8.2 > 1.8.7.

There are 3 accounts, and none of them can login. Two of those accounts are using addon skins, and as the administrator I can't even login to add them properly. Obviously, not a happy camper about this right now. I was grumbling a little about having to take care of my customizations - but that comes with the territory. A restore should make it all better again, but obviously I haven't spent the last 3 hours anticipating a complete restore.

From the top,

• saved my entire directory structure

• created two database backups, an INSERT and an UPDATE.

• deleted my entire directory structure and FTP'd 1.8.7 into place.

• navigated to http://domain.com/blog/install/index.php

• selected Upgrade from a previous version of b2evolution:

• [/list:u] I was prepared, however, at that point my password was not working. After several attempts, i pasted the password from my saved _basic_config.php file, and the install proceeded and ended normally. From that time my accounts are not accessible from the login screen, and any attempt to login directs my browser to http://domain.com/blog/htsrv/login.php Any solution would be appreciated. If I can provide any other info please ask. <UPDATE> I made a change to my new _basic_config.php file that solved this problem. Basically, my site resolves to a non-www URL, but the www version of the URL was in the file. I removed the www and I'm logged into the admin panel again. The base url in the setup displays the non-www URL. </UPDATE>

9 Feb 11, 2007 04:09

If I ever use the program again I will remember this. Mine was a non "www" site also. Guess it never dawned on me.

Thanks for the info.

10 Feb 13, 2007 08:39

I've sort of been hoping to get a confirmation of an error on my part or a bug, before I moved up to the next version. Any of you guru's have a thought?

Form is loading...